Author Topic: Memories of the Hammer and the Old Lodge Road by A.A. Redmond  (Read 323 times)

belfastblowin

Memories of the Hammer and the Old Lodge Road by A.A. Redmond
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »
Hi everyone. I am trying to track down a copy of this book. My nana had written it down for my mum to find for her (before she died 16 years ago) and my mum never managed to find it. I would love to find a copy for my mum so she could finally read it. I have tried a few independent book shops in the city and exhausted google (it led me here). I have seen a few posts on here but they are 10 years old. Would anyone know where I could get a copy? Either a print or digital form would be great. Thanks in advance

Gormless

Re: Memories of the Hammer and the Old Lodge Road by A.A. Redmond
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 02:02:51 AM »
Hi Blefastblowm.
I have  A A Redmons Old Lodge book. I have it chapter by chapter on a word doc. I thought about 10-12 years ago I posted it on the forum under the Old Lodge thread.
I am not a newbie, I posted under Manitoba.
It may take a while to get an email copy to you as I a currently in hospital with heart trouble, itís either a bypass or open heart surgery. No fear,
I had to register with the forum as I forgot my password plus I have changed my email address. I amusing my iPad in the hospital and all my docs are on my desktop at home.
Iíll send you a pm with my email address and when I get home in a or so I walk send you a copy.
I have not posted on the BF for a while other than browsing

Stay safe. I went to Helmworth square ( the hen house) in the early 1950s.
gormless -Manitoba

belfastblowin

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 07:43:48 AM »
Thanks so much! I had found your earlier post when initially googling but as it had been so long I didnít think you would still be active.

I hope you keep well and I would really appreciate a copy of it, my mum will be made up as I think she has long given up hope of finding it. My nana and my mum grew up on the Shankill and she would love to finally be able to read this book after searching for so long

Gormless

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 01:52:14 PM »
No problem, I grew up on the shank Iíll too. Because of this damned COVID-19 virus everything has slowed down.
It may be tow or three weeks before I get home as they are not too swift in getting the job done.

belfastblowin

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »
No problem at all thanks. Look after yourself and Iíll look forward to hearing from you 😊

moorsy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
No problem, I grew up on the shank Iíll too. Because of this damned COVID-19 virus everything has slowed down.
It may be tow or three weeks before I get home as they are not too swift in getting the job done.

Just heard you are in hospital ( I assume in the Peg )   hope things are going well with you Manitoba,  luck Moorsy.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

Gormless

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »
Thanks Moorsy,
In here for a week now, tests are finished supposed to see the surgeon tomorrow.
I donít post much anymore, just check in once in a while to see whatís new, not the same forum without the pictures. If I have sometning that someone needs I jump in and pass iton.
I also have  24page doc ďThe history of a district called The BoneĒ that I can sure if anyone is interested.

Gormless

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 05:33:40 PM »
Belfastblown. Do a search on old lodge road and you will get lots of posts on the old lodge road. On 31 May2011 I poster part one ov the memories of the hammer and the old lodge road.
You may find some useful information in the posts
Gormless/Manitoba

Gormless

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 08:44:12 PM »
Well so muck for trying to help forum members, spent hours copying and pasting the book Memories of the hammer and the old lodge road just to get the first post rejected as it exceed the 20,000 characters. We used to be able to post up to 128kb. this post was only 690kb.I guess I have to do it via email.Gormless/Manitoba

Gormless

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 08:55:10 PM »
should have read 69 kb. not 690kb