Author Topic: The Star of the Sea R.C. School  (Read 431 times)

trainfield16

The Star of the Sea R.C. School
« on: March 10, 2021, 07:55:57 AM »
Good morning All/  Does anyone remember The Star of the Sea school in the forties and early fifties where I attended.  I remember my favourite teacher, Miss O'Hara, she was such a good teacher, very good looking too .  Wonder if she is still around?  I remember most of the girls who attended here.  Before I was married my name was Geraldine Williamson, my sister Patsy also attended here. Gerry x  ???

PKerr39

Re: The Star of the Sea R.C. School
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:26:11 PM »
Hello, my name was Patsy Connolly, and I attended Star of the Sea from 1949 to 1954. I lived at 24 New Lodge Road. Miss Devlin, Sister Joseph and Sister Emilia were some of my teachers. Left Belfast in 1970. Now live in America.

Patsy Kerr

roycraw.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »
Good morning All/  Does anyone remember The Star of the Sea school in the forties and early fifties where I attended.  I remember my favourite teacher, Miss O'Hara, she was such a good teacher, very good looking too .  Wonder if she is still around?  I remember most of the girls who attended here.  Before I was married my name was Geraldi may have knownne Williamson, my sister Patsy also attended here. Gerry x  ???
    hi tf.   i was not a pupil there myself but a pal of mine called jimmy magee and no doubt his sisters in those years went there, you may have known them?    cheers roy  c.

cabbagepat

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 01:35:19 PM »
Gerry, hi, my mum and uncles went to Star of the Sea (before your time!), all Nortons - if you put Star of the Sea in the search bar, lots of stuff will pop up on that.