Author Topic: finding marriages  (Read 398 times)

Dorrie

finding marriages
« on: March 22, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »
Could someone help me with research to find marriage of my  Grandparents William James Davis and Elizabeth McConnell married about 1890 or there about,i would be very grateful for any help.Dorrie

toc

Re: finding marriages
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 05:22:42 PM »
Have you any more info?

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 09:04:58 PM »
Could someone help me with research to find marriage of my  Grandparents William James Davis and Elizabeth McConnell married about 1890 or there about,i would be very grateful for any help.Dorrie

Dorrie,
Here is what I have found so far.

At the moment I cannot trace a marriage for William & Elizabeth but by looking for births of children with the Mothers maiden name of McConnell ,

By 1911 Census they had 9 children born and 6 living. I have been able to find most births and deaths but there is one which Iím struggling with.

The final 3 screenshots are deaths of the 3 children who sadly died.

Ellen born March 1909 marked in red.... to view this Certificate through online GRONI would cost you £2.50. Sadly died soon after the Census was taken in 1911.

Dorrie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 04:23:05 PM »
I have been trying to reply to bread basket but i keep getting response that i have  exceeded in writing

Dorrie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »
Bread Basket is it the death certificate for Ellen you are struggling with?

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
Bread Basket is it the death certificate for Ellen you are struggling with?

No. The death is the last screenshot as above.

The 4th screenshot from the top shows the date and reference number to the birth of Ellen but I cannot find it in Irish Genealogy site.

Bread Basket

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 07:50:09 PM »
Bartley/ Barkley / Barclay ???

Bread Basket

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 07:56:36 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 10:02:22 AM »
WW1, Barkley joined up to go to war.

The above documents show that Barkley did not last too long with the Royal Irish Rifles. He served about 6 weeks and was discharged as he was not thought to be an Effective Soldier.

Exactly the same thing happened to my Granda, he too was deemed not to be Effective by the medical officer of the Royal Irish Rifles. However that was only half of the story. When he went to sign up with some of his mates they queued up at Ballymena town hall, called forward to separate tables by an officer and signed on the dotted line etc. Only thing was he signed up for the Royal Irish Rifles and his mates were enlisted in the 7th Leinsters.
3 months later he wangled himself out of the Rifles and rejoined with the Leinsters 👍🏼😜

I think, but still searching for proof, that the same thing happened with Barkley / Bartley

I think that this could be him in another regiment.