Author Topic: Donegall Arms, Shore Road Arthur Ward Info  (Read 252 times)

KateMor

Donegall Arms, Shore Road Arthur Ward Info
« on: April 01, 2021, 04:17:05 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am looking for more information about my Great Great Grandfather Arthur Ward who owned the Donegall Arms on Shore Road. Also any info anyone has about his daughter Rita and who Arthurs Wife was? Any pics would be great if there are any out there!

Thank you!

allymac

Re: Donegall Arms, Shore Road Arthur Ward Info
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 04:35:57 PM »
I remember some years ago being in Arthur Wards when a couple from the USA called in.The woman was,I think,a granddaughter of Arthur Ward.She asked a lot of questions about her granda and the old bar and would think she was well supplied with info from the puntersShe was able to talk to the then owner,a guy called Billy who had actually named the bar.It is closed now due to an electrical fire.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

KateMor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 05:00:01 PM »
Brilliant thank you. I have found out a little bit from part of the family that went to the US. I believe her name is Elizabeth Loughrey if that means anything to you?

KateMor

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 05:03:01 PM »

allymac

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »
I'll ask my mate who lives locally if he has any info.I don't live in the area,but I think Rita Ward was a JP.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

roycraw.

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 07:45:12 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am looking for more information about my Great Great Grandfather Arthur Ward who owned the Donegall Arms on Shore Road. Also any info anyone has about his daughter Rita and who Arthurs Wife was? Any pics would be great if there are any out there!   
           hi there km,   can't help you with your family info. but the ' arms'   was my entry into my drinking career and myself and two mates were totally 'up ourselves'   drinking in the arms beer garden.   yayyyy, we had arrived.    cheers     roy  c.
Thank you!