Author Topic: Talk about the whiterock past and present  (Read 124985 times)

christyb

Talk about the whiterock past and present
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »
Hi to all people in and from Belfast especially the Whiterock Christy calling from Australia. Miss the oul place and the people Just glad to hear from anyone. All the best Christy Butler O0
Christyb

oldmovies

Re: Talk about the whiterock past and present
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
hi Chris,do you remember ma Reilly from the parade who knocked up the neigbers who had to get up for work she used to carry a big stick with her to rap the bedroom windows and thomsey reagen the paper man what about flannagans shop at the corner and mcconvills who sold fruit and veg they lived next door to you im in contact with seany whelan who lived in your street what about swinning round the lamp posts playing marlies perry and whips and the guiders.
When Trouble Has Passed, God is Forgotten.

christyb

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »
I remember all those things but who is old movies? I bet I'd know you. I too have been in touch with Seany but he has not replied to my last email. Hope everything is okay with him. I'm new to this game but will get the hang of it even if it kills me. See ya! Christy You can email me @ [email protected]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
hi Chris,do you remember ma Reilly from the parade who knocked up the neigbers who had to get up for work she used to carry a big stick with her to rap the bedroom windows and thomsey reagen the paper man what about flannagans shop at the corner and mcconvills who sold fruit and veg they lived next door to you im in contact with seany whelan who lived in your street what about swinning round the lamp posts playing marlies perry and whips and the guiders.
O0
Christyb

christyb

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:29:19 AM »
Hi Old Movies Please let me know who you are. All those things were great eh! Kids nowadays would never swing aroung the lamposts or play rallio Remember Keanans shop and the chippy then there was Jim's cafe on the Road and the ould Broadway cinema. Christyb
Christyb

AL CAPONE

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
Would that be James Keenan?

oldmovies

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
no al that would be billy and barney from the cresent who owned the shop.

christyb

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 07:19:39 AM »
 Hi Al and oldmovies yes Jimmy was the younger one but I don't think he served anyone. You still haven't said who you are oldmovies and who are you Al? Still it's great to talk to someone who knows the same people isn't it? Christyb O0
Christyb

109er

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
What about Jims at the bottom of the gaint foot :D

AL CAPONE

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
Jamesy Keenan jr who had a shop on the whiterock now owns a chippy down the falls.

Belle Fast

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 10:34:06 AM »
Hi to all people in and from Belfast especially the Whiterock Christy calling from Australia. Miss the oul place and the people Just glad to hear from anyone. All the best Christy Butler O0
Hello Christy welcome to the forum where in oZ are you? I'm in WA  :)

oldmovies

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »
does anyone remember mckennas butchers crummys barber shop and charles the shoemakers.

gerrymac

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 02:07:57 PM »
Hi Christy my mum was one of the Garlands from Whiterock Gardens, Peter still lives there.
Gerry Mac

oldmovies

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
hi G,did they live next door to a family called andrews .

gerrymac

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
Hi oldmovies yes thats right my Granny did live next door to Andrews and my Uncle Peter still lives there.
Gerry Mac

sapper

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 03:41:13 AM »
I remember crummy's, Mckenna's butchers and charles the shoemaker. At the bottom of rockmount street. Hung out manys an hour in crummy's doorway.