Author Topic: Dunderin Ins  (Read 17513 times)

moorsy

Re: Dunderin Ins
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »

K2,   YOU MUST LIKE CHOCOLATE AS MUCH AS ME,  WONDER IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RATIONING,WHEN YOU COULD,NT GET IT.

SHOPPERS HAD A GOOD DEAL ON THEIR TINS OF QUALITY STREET LAST SUNDAY. ON FOR $10.99 INSTEAD OF $ 16.99.   THEY WENT LIKE MAGIC.  ALSO JACOB,S CRACKERS WERE $5.00.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

Val

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
Hi Moorsy,

you are back in great form, tugging at our heart strings.  Did you get your Harvey's Bristol Cream, that is the only drink I ever remember in the house at Christmas and I never liked it.

I am trying to picture you guiding the cars round Shaftesbury Sq.  :D ;D

Did you get all your orders filled, I am sure you will glad of the rest. ;)

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a Prosperous New Year. :angel: :angel:

Val  :smitten:

Val

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2008, 06:27:58 PM »

K2,   YOU MUST LIKE CHOCOLATE AS MUCH AS ME,  WONDER IF IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RATIONING,WHEN YOU COULD,NT GET IT.

SHOPPERS HAD A GOOD DEAL ON THEIR TINS OF QUALITY STREET LAST SUNDAY. ON FOR $10.99 INSTEAD OF $ 16.99.   THEY WENT LIKE MAGIC.  ALSO JACOB,S CRACKERS WERE $5.00.

Moorsy,

Jacob's crackers are 2 for $5.00 in Dominion now called Metro. I went to Jones St and got a tin of Roses for $24.95 and all the British stores were selling them for $34.95.

I forgot to ask, do you remember the EE sweetie coupons. ;D

moorsy

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »
Moorsy,

Jacob's crackers are 2 for $5.00 in Dominion now called Metro. I went to Jones St and got a tin of Roses for $24.95 and all the British stores were selling them for $34.95.

[/

HIYA VAL, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TO.   I,M TALKING ABOUT A TIN OF JACOBS, IS IT A PACKAGE YOU MEAN AT $2.50 ??
          SO YOU WERE AT MY OLD HAUNT IN BRONTE,GOOD LITTLE STORE IS,NT IT.
          HAVE NEVER SEEN ROSES HERE,  K2  GOT SOME AS WELL.  CANT REMEMBER THOSE COUPONS.

FUNNY THING ABOUT HARVEYS  SHERRY, WHEN I WAS ON MY OWN,A FRIEND FROM LEEDS INVITED THREE OR FOUR OFF US OVER FOR XMAS DINNER AND EVERY ONE OF US ENDED UP BRINGING  BRISTOL CREAM !!.

Val

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
Moorsy,

[/

HIYA VAL, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TO.   I,M TALKING ABOUT A TIN OF JACOBS, IS IT A PACKAGE YOU MEAN AT $2.50 ??
          SO YOU WERE AT MY OLD HAUNT IN BRONTE,GOOD LITTLE STORE IS,NT IT.
          HAVE NEVER SEEN ROSES HERE,  K2  GOT SOME AS WELL.  CANT REMEMBER THOSE COUPONS.

FUNNY THING ABOUT HARVEYS  SHERRY, WHEN I WAS ON MY OWN,A FRIEND FROM LEEDS INVITED THREE OR FOUR OFF US OVER FOR XMAS DINNER AND EVERY ONE OF US ENDED UP BRINGING  BRISTOL CREAM !!.

Moorsy,

sorry that was packets, I have never seen a tin. That store is fantastic, it was worth the drive although my husband wasn't so sure, I spent nearly a $100 that day. Of course he saw all the different bars of toffee so he had to get a couple of each but they didn't count. Now he wants to go Back for more of the Liguoice toffee because our one doesn't have that. You know everything they sell is at least 50c or better less than the other stores.

That is funny everyone of you bringing the Harvey's, I think every house in Belfast probably had a bottle of that at Christmas.

My husband say's he thinks I am older than I say because I tell him about the ration books and the sweet coupons. I remember well because my Aunt lived next door and if you went for a message for her, one time you would get thruppence and the next time you would get the coupon, then you could go and buy sweets. ;D 

moorsy

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »

Val, loved the highland toffee bars, and always picked up dairy flakes to make my own 99s.

loblaws sell the tins of Jacobs,you get a whole mix of crackers.

There was another british store called Mortimers in Waterdown,that also had a bakery and butchers, dont know if its still there or not.

Across Lakeshore from Jones,about a block to the right was a butcher that sold all the belfast breads etc.

Val

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »
Moorsy,

we went down Bronte and then made a left at Lakeshore and Jones was the next street on the right, I think, I don't drive but what I remember. Now which way when we come out of Jones St ?

Val

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »
Do you remember the Name of the butchers or the street and we could find it with the GPS.

By the way Deke was asking about you, have you seen his thread on Exiles, "Around the World"

maybe you can post some pictures of the 'Peg.

Val  O0

moorsy

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »
Moorsy,

we went down Bronte and then made a left at Lakeshore and Jones was the next street on the right, I think, I don't drive but what I remember. Now which way when we come out of Jones St ?

Cant remember the name of butchers, it would be a right turn out of Jones onto Lakeshore and on the left side just before the Harveys restaurant,before Nelson st.

look for P.M.

MOONDOG

« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2008, 12:44:37 AM »
HAPPY    FESTIVE TO  ALL U CANUCKS  .YANKS  ,AUSSIES  .NZEALANDERS.IN  FACT  TO ALL THE  PEOPLE  ON  OR NOW  OFF BF      THE  MOON

twocoats

« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2008, 12:45:41 AM »
HAPPY    FESTIVE TO  ALL U CANUCKS  .YANKS  ,AUSSIES  .NZEALANDERS.IN  FACT  TO ALL THE  PEOPLE  ON  OR NOW  OFF BF      THE  MOON

Same to yersel Moon O0
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

Belle Fast

« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2008, 12:48:17 AM »
Merry Christmas right back at you Mondog. 30c today, but I'm sure your getting reports from Rockingham :)

moorsy

« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2008, 03:26:11 AM »

thanks  Moon, and to you and yours.  have a great next year. ;) ;)

deke

« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2008, 03:59:27 AM »

Thanks Moon and Merry Christmas to you and yours    O0
I used to be indecisive.   Now I'm not so sure.

moorsy

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2008, 04:07:36 AM »

DEKE !.   HOW,S YOURSELF.    THINGS A JINGLING IN KINGSTON???

MERRY CHRISTMAS  TO YOU.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy