Author Topic: Dunderin Ins  (Read 14514 times)

harrydunn

Re: Dunderin Ins
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »

A dry outside loo note the toilet paper hanging on a nail on left.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2009, 09:21:06 PM »

A dry outside loo note the toilet paper hanging on a nail on left.
hi harry, our toilet was outside but it was not a dry one.  it was bad going out at night because it was round the back of the house among trees and when the wind was blowing your imagination went into overdrive. :o :o :D
sixtyniner

carbolicsoap

« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »
Heres a wee poem by James young about slums....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUP0M4AS0U

A brillant and very well written poem,he really paints a good picture.

It`s also very sad.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »
Heres a wee poem by James young about slums....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBUP0M4AS0U

A brillant and very well written poem,he really paints a good picture.

It`s also very sad.
no words needed. :( :(
sixtyniner

Shazza

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »
Moorsy, I just love these poems.  Val brought this thread to my attention.  I enjoyed reading it from start to finish.  Loved the poems and enjoyed the conversation between other members.  It's a great wee thread, pity to leave it buried among the others.  I understand you're very busy, but you must have a collection somewhere that you've written over the years.  Can you share some more with us? I'd love to read them.

belle

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34:57 PM »
Moorsy, I just love these poems.  Val brought this thread to my attention.  I enjoyed reading it from start to finished.  Loved the poems and enjoyed the conversation between other members.  It's a great wee thread, pity to leave it buried among the others.  I understand you're very busy, but you must have a collection somewhere that you've written over the years.  Can you share some more with us? I'd love to read them.
i agree with you Shazza, makes me all goosey reading it all. memories good and bad.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

OLD ST.MALS GAL

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »
Moorsy, have really enjoyed reading your poems, what memories they bring back, whether you lived on the Falls or Shankill, we were all in the 'same boat'  But happy memories.
You are so talented, keep them coming
Look forward to reading more

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
Moorsy, have really enjoyed reading your poems, what memories they bring back, whether you lived on the Falls or Shankill, we were all in the 'same boat'  But happy memories.
You are so talented, keep them coming
Look forward to reading more
hi OSMG, you're right about moorsy being talented,  hopefully he will have time again to bring it to light and share it with us.. ;)
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2009, 02:54:52 AM »

Thanks for all your comments folks, much appreciated.

When you leave a place where you were brought up and dont see it again for a long time, 40 years in my case, your memories dont change.
 They stay in a time warp, of the way things were,of the friends you had. The years I remember are from the 50s and 60s ,the growing up years mostly for me,and so the thread is set then.

i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
Thanks for all your comments folks, much appreciated.

When you leave a place where you were brought up and dont see it again for a long time, 40 years in my case, your memories dont change.
 They stay in a time warp, of the way things were,of the friends you had. The years I remember are from the 50s and 60s ,the growing up years mostly for me,and so the thread is set then.

:clapping: :clapping: :-*
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »
Just thought some people might like to see this again. Dunderin Ins were wee old falling down row houses that were all over belfast at the time.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2019, 03:29:13 AM »
Just thought some people might like to see this again. Dunderin Ins were wee old falling down row houses that were all over belfast at the time.
MOORSY MY LOVE, DO YOU  KNOW HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE  YOU'VE GRACED US WITH YOUR PRESENCE ON HERE, TOO LONG BUT  YOU MUST  HAVE FORGOTTEN TO PUT THE LINK IN.   LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »
hi liz, its been 10 years since this was on, do you remember all the old crowd?

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
hi liz, its been 10 years since this was on, do you remember all the old crowd?
YES I DO BUT MOST OF THEM HAVE GONE OVER TO FB. AND SOME HAVE PASSED ON WHICH WAS SAD.  IT'S REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE IT'S BEEN GOING FOR 10 YRS.  THE TIME HAS GONE SO QUICK AND SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED .   I LOVE IT WHEN AN OLD FRIEND POPS IN,  EVEN TO SAY HALLO BUT SOMETIMES IT'S  HARD  TRYING TO KEEP IT GOING WITHOUT OUR "FRIENDS" BUT I'M GRATEFUL FOR THE ONES WE HAVE AND KNOW THAT IT'S HARD SOMETIMES GETTING THE TIME TO COME ON.  I'M RAMBLING AGAIN HA.  ANYWAY LOVE I'M ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE YOU.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2019, 04:19:28 PM »
thanks Liz, hav,nt heard from Val for a while.