Author Topic: Saunders street Belfast  (Read 1409 times)

William_D

Saunders street Belfast
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:32 PM »
Anyone know where this street is/was?Just going through some old family stuff and it seems i had relatives living there.Also some cracking really old photographs i have dug up,but dont have a scanner to get them onto the computer.  :(

Montrose

• Account Closed
Re: Saunders street Belfast
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:56:19 PM »
William D

Saunders Street, was off the Newtownards Road in East Belfast.
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

William_D

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
William D

Saunders Street, was off the Newtownards Road in East Belfast.
Cheers Montrose,dont suppose you know whereabouts on the Newtownards road it was? Thanks

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »
William D

It was almost facing Templemore Avenue. I think the seguence was Cable Street, Cuba Street then Saunders Street following Saunders Street was Chadolly Street...If I remember right. It' s been over 50 years since i lived there in Cable Street so my memory is not as good as it should be...lol.... Hope this helps William.
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

William_D

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:36:42 AM »
William D

It was almost facing Templemore Avenue. I think the seguence was Cable Street, Cuba Street then Saunders Street following Saunders Street was Chadolly Street...If I remember right. It' s been over 50 years since i lived there in Cable Street so my memory is not as good as it should be...lol.... Hope this helps William.
Cheers again,it does indeed help.

Chicago

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
Hi William,

I had family who lived in Saunders Street. Wee Island street ran the bottom of Saunders Street, it went Church Street East, Methuen Street, Saunders Street, and Convention Street.

Would love to see the photos.
 :)
We must all hang together, else we shall all hang separately....BENJAMIN FRANKELIN

William_D

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
Hi William,

I had family who lived in Saunders Street. Wee Island street ran the bottom of Saunders Street, it went Church Street East, Methuen Street, Saunders Street, and Convention Street.

Would love to see the photos.
 :)
Not sure if there`s any photo`s of Saunders street,i have already posted some in the any old photo`s thread.Still a lot more to come when i get myself motivated to scan the rest of them.  :D

vinnym

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »
Saunder Street was opposite Templemore Avenue and ran through to Island Street. It started one side of St Patricks Church, Church Street East was the street on the other side of the church these two streets were connected by Finmore Street. I was born in Metheun Street in the 50s and it ran parallel and between these two streets off Finmore street though Metheun Street didn't come out on the main Newtownards Road. Hope this is off some help.

Ginger

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
Hi William D, Saunders street was facing Templemore Avenue, it is now called Saunders Close where bungleows are now build the gable wall of Saunders Close is known as freedom corner.