Author Topic: Can you please help me, thanks  (Read 2395 times)

weedotty

Can you please help me, thanks
« on: August 16, 2006, 09:47:18 PM »
I'm sure someone can help me with  this one.
I've been on the Belfast Telegraph site to look up a recent death notice. I've checked under search for the person's name, obituaries, death notices but I am still unsuccessful  in getting in to the right section. is there a new name for this sort of thing now?
Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Dot.

Christopher

Re: Can you please help me, thanks
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »
It's still Deaths in the paper. Do you require a search through back copies in the library ???

weedotty

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 10:58:37 PM »
Thanks Christopher.
On the site I have it gives every other section (business news, features, opinions, letters, sections on sport, lifestyles and other editions of the paper)  but not deaths. I tried to put "deaths" into their search and it gives me 1-4074 possible matches.
What I want it is see the past two days death notices, by putting in the  deceased name.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 11:02:08 PM »
weedotty, have you thought of contacting the BT and asking what heading they are using for deaths nowdays?

weedotty

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:07:00 AM »
Great idea Christopher, thanks
I've just sent a letter to the editor. I will put his reply  on here just incase someone else needs to check out that section.

weedotty

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:15:06 PM »
Had a reply from  Kathryn at  the Belfast Telegraph and that service had been available,  but they have  had to delete it.
However, for details of a notice you can contact  Gillian Galbraith at [email protected]
I can't seem to be able to copy and paste the reply  from my email section, but both spellings of Gillian's last name are on the letter. Maybe when "his nibs" get out of bed he can show me how to do it and it can go on this topic.
Hope this is of help to someone else.
ThanksDorothy,

This is the email that I got from the TELE.
Unfortunately we have been obliged to remove the Family Notices from the Belfast Telegraph Digital website. We have been implementing a number of changes across the website over the past number of months and no longer have the resources to support the site both technically and from an administrative point of view.

We are aware that this was a popular area of the site and will be missed by those who used it regularly and for this we apologise sincerely.

For details of a notice, you can contact Gillian Galbraith  - [email protected]

I trust this is of assistance to you.

Regards
Kathryn Lee
Internet Group Head

Belfast Telegraph Digital
Independent News & Media (Northern Ireland)
124-144 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1EB

Tel: 028 90 264194
Fax: 028 90 554522
Email: [email protected]
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk