Author Topic: FAO LES CLARKE  (Read 2810 times)

giannineo

Re: FAO LES CLARKE
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »
Les,my wife had an even more offensive curry than me.Tonight it is Biryani and South Indian Garlic Chicken Chili WITH ALL THE EXTRAS---SHOULD BE HERE IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES FROM THE mANZIL IN pERTH-YUMMA,YUMMA.

EllCee

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
Enjoy.

I had a Jamaican Chicken curry I make now and again, with some of Sainsbury's salads.

We went to a wedding once many years ago, and the couple were Jamaican.  The reception was held in their house, and the meal was a very large pot of chicken curry, with other odds and ends.  It wasn't fancy cooking by any means, just plain food, but it was great.  I'm trying to make a copy, but haven't yet succeeded.

I have had the same failure with a hot meat stew like dish I got a couple of time in Libya.  It was served with pasta, was really really spicy, but lovely.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

teap

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »
I did a big pot of Cabbage and had spuds and grilled crispy back bacon with it mmmmmmmm.

Colette

EllCee

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 09:03:35 PM »
Nice, Colette.  But Wednesdays and Saturdays are curry nights  .. sometimes!

Y'know, I was never that fond of cabbage until about 10 years ago.  Now I do quite like it.  I still don't like cauliflower.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

giannineo

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »
LES,CAULIFLOWER IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST OCTANE FLATULENCE PRODUCERS.As for the curries,may I recommend Gaviscon Advance as a post curry dessert-suffering as I speak until the Gaviscon kicks in.
             No more curries in this house until after the September holiday.Bring on the Slimfast I say.

EllCee

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 11:23:18 PM »
G, I don't need Gaviscon, and very rarely munch a Rennie.

I had a flatmate, Pete, who loved HOT curries.  There was a Ghanian chap, Bob, who worked on the same site.  Pete informed me that Bob was coming round to our apartment this particular evening to make us a "Ghanian Peanut Stew".   I was pleased at not having to cook after work and was looking forward to having some ethnic African food.

I managed about 4 spoonfuls of this tasty flavoursome peanut stew, but just could not handle the heat from the chilli.  Both Bob and Pete scoffed the lot, with torrents of sweat running out of their heads.  I haven't had peanut stew since.

giannineo

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 08:00:36 PM »
oUCH,THAT PEANUT STEW SOUNDS PAINFUL.cHILILLIES ARE FULL OF ENDORPHINES TO COOL THE BRAIN DOWN-NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT

EllCee

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »
I know they make me sweat!

I enjoy hot food, but that was just way beyond me.  My flat mate was the sort of guy who would chew a chilli as you and I would munch a raw carrot.

I'm not very proud of this, but  . tonight I had a saladburger and chips.  It will be 4 weeks before I have another.   ;)

teap

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 10:47:45 PM »
I had a bowl of chicken soup (out of a tin) and 2 rounds of pan bread  and made a samidge with tomato scallion and cucumber with low fat salad cream on it, and a glass of water.  :(

Then about an hour ago i had a wee wheaten scone and a cup of tea

Id love a big chicken or beef curry and fried rice and chips.

Colette

EllCee

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 11:10:34 PM »
I had a bowl of chicken soup (out of a tin) and 2 rounds of pan bread  and made a samidge with tomato scallion and cucumber with low fat salad cream on it, and a glass of water.  :(

Then about an hour ago i had a wee wheaten scone and a cup of tea

Id love a big chicken or beef curry and fried rice and chips.

Colette

Oh stop making me feel guilty!   :-X

My wife eats sensibly, lots of salads, and fish and chicken and vegetables and generally watches her calorie intake.  It doesn't make any difference!

I generally have only two meals a day, lunch and dinner, and don't eat in between, apart from an occasional second cup of coffee of the day some afternoons during the winter.  And it doesn't make any difference!  I've not lost an ounce or an inch in 3+ years.