Author Topic: Bridget Dowling.  (Read 2685 times)

giannineo

Bridget Dowling.
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »
Bridget Dowling was the Irish sister in law of Adolf Hitler.Her son was William Patrick Hitler.Bridget and Willy went to America during WW2.Willy denounced his uncle and joined the U.S. Navy.He later went out of his way to conceal his link to Adolf,although he called his first child Adolf.
               There y'are now.

EllCee

Re: Bridget Dowling.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:14:21 PM »
You have been watching TV this evening.    ;)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

giannineo

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
Shucks,caught out Les.....my one chance of being regarded as knowlegeable and you have blown it for me.

EllCee

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:16:04 PM »
Oops.  I didn't know the story either.

I've been wondering how I can use the information to get one over my "foes" on other debating boards.  Accusations of Nazism and fascism are commonly bandied about!   ;)

I enjoyed the "History of Light Entertainment" on BBC 2.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

giannineo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »
Les ,howzabout ,"even the kindest of good Irish women could not quell the fire of a madman"?
            There used to be a feared gang in Dundee called the "Kirkton Huns" .I spotted a graffiti slogan once. "Even Hitler feared the Kirkton Huns".
          During the "H" Block protest I saw another slogan in a'tight end' of Dundee. "H Block,let the [censored]  starve and gie us the food".

giannineo

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 11:38:29 PM »
Yip Les,I could identify with the history of light entertaiment ,but gave up after the Punk period.

EllCee

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:32 PM »
          During the "H" Block protest I saw another slogan in a'tight end' of Dundee. "H Block,let the [censored]  starve and gie us the food".

Brilliant!   ;D  ;D

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 02:07:09 AM »
Hiya Giannineo, Alois Hitler a brother of Adolf married Bridget Dowling. 
I wonder if their offspring kept the Hitler surname or did they adopt that of their mother?

giannineo

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:36:30 AM »
ACCORDING TOTHE TELLY PROGRAMME THEY KEPT THE NAME i.e. William Patrick Hitler was their son.Perhaps generations after that used different names.Les was possibly paying more attention than me and could answer that.William went in to' hiding' in Long Beach,and the family tried to hide their past.
        The curry arrived and attention to detail of the programme diminished.I couldn't sleep last night after 2 poppadoms,mixed pakora,onion chutney,chili yoghurt sauce,and a huge lamb jaipuri.I will never eat a curry again until next week.

EllCee

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 11:42:47 AM »
"Les was possibly paying more attention than me and could answer that."

Sadly I wasn't, and can't.   :'(  I was sorting out some MP3 files I had saved and had only heard the first 15 minutes or so as I was clearing the kitchen.

By coincidence, we also had curries, as we usually do on a Saturday.  But as I washed mine down with liberal quantities of Cobra lager, I had no trouble sleeping   just wakening.   8) :o

giannineo

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
Les,ah,the weekly or twice weekly curry.In an effort to lose some wight for our forthcoming hols. we were supposed to stop eating curries about 8 weeks ago-hasn't happened.

EllCee

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »
Oh don't talk to me about weight!  My wife and I spent 3 days last week in West Ulster (Ardara, Donegal) and she has been miserable since getting on the scales upon our return on Thursday.

My reply was that she should have done all the driving as I hadn't put on an ounce!   ;D

If it goes in your mouth, there is a price to be paid to get rid of it.

giannineo

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 10:18:29 PM »
I started off fine about twenty weeks ago with cycling,tasteless healthy diet,walking and all that leads to a healthy boring life.Had to abandon the regime after an op. in June and never quite got back to the serious diet thing.
      Could murder another curry right now.

EllCee

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 10:52:48 PM »
LOL

Wait 'til you are on a post-angioplasty diet like me. 

Eight pills in the morning, and more than 3 pints + two glasses of red wine has me wrecked for the following three days.   :'(

giannineo

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 11:41:52 PM »
Les,you should try 3 days of 3 pints and 2 glasses of red wine in a row. .might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
         It's not fair,if you like a thing it is usually bad for you.