Author Topic: Voluntary Work  (Read 4414 times)

Christopher

Voluntary Work
« on: August 20, 2006, 04:12:36 AM »
I'm not quite certain why there's a Volunteer Development Agency I volunteered for a lot of things over the years. I marshalled at events organised by the 500 MRCI and UAC, helped at Round Table events, and visited homes for the elderly. I also assisted in making little request programmes for them in the days when I was a member of the Ulster Tape Recording Society. One of the events for which I and other members of the Belfast Round Table volunteered was a Clean-up along the shore of the Strangford Lough. Another one for the RTBI was manning a few stands at the Killyleagh Agricultural Show and we did the same at the Saintfield Show one year. The times seem to have changed somewhat. Does everyone have to go through an agency? 

giannineo

Re: Voluntary Work
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
The Scotish Executive is to vote on Criminal Disclosure for 1 million volunteers in Scotland-minimum cost 26 million.
         Will be an interesting debate.Protection of vulnerable groups is essential and the worry is that many volunteers will be put off.I personally do not see why if you have nothing to hide.I have to have a Disclosure from the Scottish Legal System for working with vulnerable adults and have no objection to that .

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:36:18 AM »
The ChildLine service urgently needs more volunteers to speak to children and young people on their helpline, to work with them in schools, and to support their fundraising, administration and management. The Childline service provides full training and support, and depends on volunteers at all their centres around the UK.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 05:12:39 AM »
Book your place on a Habitat for Humanity Global Village Challenge and change the life of a whole family forever. How about donning a hard hat and taking part in The Desmond Tutu Community Build No More Shacks! in Cape Town, South Africa from Saturday 6th to Sunday 14th September 2008. Click here to see other challenges available next year.

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
Are you interested in becoming an NvTv Volunteer? NvTv's aim is to increase
freedom of expression through the creative and imaginative use of television. The term "community" is used in its broadest sense, whether community of interest or geographically defined. NvTv intends to encourage groups from the private, community, voluntary and public sector to produce their own reports/and to help realise their ideas for broadcasting. Keen, enthusiastic, talented people who would love to produce programmes for television are required by NvTv. If you feel this initiative is something you or your organisation would like to be involved with then please see details on the NvTv website ... www.nvtv.co.uk/volunteering.html

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
Book your place on a Habitat for Humanity Global Village Challenge and change the life of a whole family forever. How about donning a hard hat and taking part in The Desmond Tutu Community Build No More Shacks! in Cape Town, South Africa from Saturday 6th to Sunday 14th September 2008. Click here to see other challenges available next year.

You don't have to go that far.  Habitat are building houses in Downpatrick, and I believe the Shankill

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
You don't have to go that far.  Habitat are building houses in Downpatrick, and I believe the Shankill

Ten Orange County volunteers were in Downpatrick building Habitat houses in 2004. 

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 08:26:36 PM »
Volunteering Opportunities in Belfast Hospitals.
www.belfasttrust.hscni.net/involving/involving%20you.html#P43_1391