Author Topic: oul lammas fair  (Read 1673 times)

teap

oul lammas fair
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »
Has any one ever been? im going on monday and would like to know what to expect and would an 11 year old boy enjoy it?

Colette

Christopher

Re: oul lammas fair
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »
I think he'll have a ball there Colette. Will you take me too ??? I've never been. Please, take my advice... No high heels Colette otherwise you will not enjoy your day .. if the shoes are run in now you may be OK but it's a long day and there are lots of people. Take plenty of photographs.

Did you treat your Mary Ann
to some dulse and yellowman,
At the Auld Lammas Fair in Ballycastle-O?

teap

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
I havent got a Mary ann  :( and we are going with tinas mum and brother so sorry Chris no room even for a wee one like yer self.

and low heels it is i had enough in Portrush on saturday walking in strappy sandals butttttt i brought a pair of low heels with me and i tell ya it was a relief to get them on.

Ciaran and i went on the big dipper out the back Barrys they have added a new bit on since i was last there and we were turned upside down   ;D it was fun.

Colette

Mageeka

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 02:35:45 AM »
Was at rhe fair Guys, 23 years ago and I loved it..
Hope it is still the same

teap

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »
OHHHHHHHH MY GOD it was crammed packed and we walked about for over 6 hours and i didnt even get an alcoholic beverage if i hadnt have had the wee one with me i think id sat in a pub all day and enjoyed all the music that was going on it was wonderful.

Hold on got a bit of yella man stuck in my teeth, think i perfer puff candy to it and ive a big bag of candy floss to munch through too. will just sit back now and relax my back is still sore with the carrying of bags and walking.

Child wasnt that keen on it he hates stalls and walking but he was delighted with all the stuff he got bought to him.   ;D

He can go to his dad next year  ;)

colette

EllCee

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »
Colette, local TV reported a very low turnout this year due to the bad weather.

Tell me, how on earth do you keep candyfloss in a big bag, and travel?
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:40:03 AM »
That's a brilliant report Colette. Since Ciaran is going with his Dad next year there'll be a seat in your car. Unless it's the intention to take a dog for a six hour walk may I join you ... we can all go to the pub immediately we arrive and sit there all day listening to the music. If you wont take me I think there may be a bus from Kilkeel, Co. Down that picks Ballynahinch people up early in the morning on its way to Ballycastle. I understand that there is music in every pub in the town and that there are some great musicians.   

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 01:43:12 AM »
Colette, local TV reported a very low turnout this year due to the bad weather.

Tell me, how on earth do you keep candyfloss in a big bag, and travel?

Congratulations Les :D I see you are now a Hero Member.

The answer to your question is simple Les. Colette did not eat the candy floss till she got home :D

Colette, if you didn't keep gallavanting all round the country you could have been one too by now :D

Chris

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »
Congratulations Les  I see you are now a Hero Member

Christipher

Les, has always been my "Hero"   *
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

EllCee

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »
Congratulations Les  I see you are now a Hero Member

Christipher

Les, has always been my "Hero"   *

:-[  *
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

teap

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
Aye they dont have to put the candy floss on a stick anymore Les they just put it in a see through plastic bag with plenty of air in it ya know the way you get the gold fish you win? well just like that minus the water of course, and i just shoved that bag into a carrier bag. i still havent eaten it and its still ok.

And yes Chris outside every pub there is a singer with speakers and all even a singing priest.  :-X

colette

EllCee

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 09:48:08 PM »
Aye they dont have to put the candy floss on a stick anymore Les they just put it in a see through plastic bag with plenty of air in it ya know the way you get the gold fish you win? well just like that minus the water of course, and i just shoved that bag into a carrier bag.

Like toffee apples, the stick is the most important part!   ;D

There were others doing business in Ballycastle I see:

Police seize fake goods at fair

Police have seized counterfeit goods worth 100,000 at the Oul Lammas Fair in Ballycastle.

The illegal goods seized during the two-day operation included clothing, sunglasses and football wristbands.

Police said a number of people would be reported to the Public Prosecution Service.

More at BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/northern_ireland/5297614.stm

Published: 2006/08/30 14:19:56 GMT

BBC MMVI

It's getting to where you daren't buy anything from a market stall unless it has fur, feathers  or skin!   :-\