Author Topic: Sydenham  (Read 19887 times)

DMW

Re: Sydenham
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »
johnem1953  Welcome to Belfast Forum (BF) - Do you know where in Sydenham -James Walsh- lived, and where he went to in Canada ?

Alaun

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
Looking at these last couple of posts....DMW you should get in touch with the new member Kenty224, because she mentioned the Walshes in her post.   Just saying like  :)

johnem1953

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 10:54:42 AM »
James Walsh lived in Brandon Parade.

johnem1953

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »
I think James Walsh was living in Hamilton, Canada!

DMW

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
johnem1953 - small world - I also live in Hamilton, Ont. Canada. I only have a phone book from 2012. They don't print them anymore. I found 8 people with an
initial J. Walsh.--- 1 with D.J. -5  with J. only, and 3 with J.P. Also looked on Facebook and found just 1 James Walsh in Hamilton, but the profile photo is a female.
You might try :  "Facebook James Walsh Hamilton, Ont." and see if this may be the person(using a different photo for privacy) also look at their friends list to see
if anything seems familiar.   Good luck -  I don't know any James Walsh - sorry.  BTW I know Brandon Pde. too. I came from Connsbrook Ave.

johnem1953

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »
DMW.  Thanks for the post but I do not recognise any James Walsh!  The only thing that I do know about him was that he worked for an Insurance Company in Toronto and he was I think 2 children a boy and girl.  I know that his wife passed away several years ago!  I lived in Lisavon Drive.

Bethcree

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2019, 12:29:56 AM »
Does anyone remember the Stewart's from Lisavon street number 56

BT41NF

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2019, 01:29:49 AM »
Better late than never  :( I lived on 11 Connsbrook Park from 1954 birth to 1970 emigration. recognize some of the names mentioned in these threads; Redpath at top of street, the Kelso's, McKinney's etc. I pal'd around with Jackie Lamont, Mervyn Graham, Roy Close, Roy Hutchinson and a stick thin kid at the end of the street that was an amazing football player, (last name Lutton? -- maybe Terry?). Great memories of playing as a kid in 'the field'

PGTIP86

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2019, 11:30:32 PM »
Hi, my family came from Colvil Street and my granny used to work in the fruit shop on Connsbrook Ave back in 40s, 50s or 60s.

Sprout

« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
Ahhhh the bendy bar, I'd forgotten that, we squeezed through too.  One day we sneaked thru it to see a crashed fighter plane we knew had gone down. The policemen, supposed to be guarding it, were astonished to see us at the plane, they didn't know about the bendy bar!
We ran over the railway line if the station master wasn't around, or the bridge if he was.

I remember Connsbrook park now, I walked that route over Larkfield four times every day to and from Strandburn school. Sometimes we cut through the black path which led to Victroria road and the couple of little shops there.

Ashamed to confess that now and again we played thunder and lightning down the back entries and were chased by a particularly angry old man!!

Do you remember Mr Drysdale or Mr Williams, both good teachers; or Miss Jerdan, a scottish tyrant who taught us nothing at all?

Sprout

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2019, 04:27:50 PM »
Was in mr drysdale class in the late 70s think he retired the year I left to go to ashfield

daisymoo

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2019, 06:52:55 PM »
Anyone remember the Moorheads parkgate drive ?? Sammy & Peggy they had 3 daughters Barbara (my mum) she was at deaf school tho them jean , may and my uncle Samuel . ? Great glens fans with [email protected] top of the street ! My great grandparents were Hugh & Mary Irvine they lived larkfield gardens both died by 1972 . Hugh Owned a photography shop on beersbridge road across from wee grove baptist church .they had Peggy Jessie sadie and jean & they also lived east bread street in late 50,s