Author Topic: Where the heck is Chris, carlisle  (Read 3237 times)

Kathleen

Re: Where the heck is Chris, carlisle
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 04:27:44 AM »
[email protected] you will get through and you can join. I would be able to sponsor you if you would like let me know. K

brian

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
Hi ya Kathleen,
I see you found the site ok.
Best wishes
Brian

Christopher

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 06:42:24 PM »
I'm not sure what's happening today or why it's happening. A new daily site registration record is being made. 15 new members have registered today and there are still six and a half hours to go. The average number of members joining per month prior to the time a group of us, including Colette, MaryLennon and Val joined was 10. That has risen to 60. At a rough guess there will be well over 500 members by Christmas.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 07:09:55 PM »
Where is Heather Bon Jovi  ??? ??? ???
TRUTH, is in the eyes of the beholder, but it's a pity that some have Cataracts

heather1

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »
Where is Heather Bon Jovi  ??? ??? ???

Hi Bloomfield. Just back tonight from Lanzarote.  Burnt to a crisp as usual  ::)

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 10:10:41 PM »
Welcome back, Chrispy. :)

Where is Lanzorate  ??? ???
TRUTH, is in the eyes of the beholder, but it's a pity that some have Cataracts

heather1

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 10:15:53 PM »
Welcome back, Chrispy. :)

Where is Lanzorate  ??? ???

Canary Islands. 

Christopher

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 10:38:52 PM »
Welcome back Heather :D

We've been doing our best to look after the site while you were away :D 15 or 16 more people joined today.

Christopher

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »
Hi folks, sorry I've not been around for a while, other things have been keeping me busy.

You're right Mageeka we could do with some more new blood around here. Although I think the quality of posts has made the an excellent start to the Forum. And that is one of the best ways of promoting the forum, because the search engines will pick up the posts when their bots visit the forum. Then for example if someone in the future searches for say "Buck Alec" they should hopefully find the Forum. So keep the new topics coming, especially things that local people are likely to be looking up: local amenities, Belfast history, local news, etc.

And of couse tell your friends, spread the word on other sites you visit. If you can, get other web sites to provide a link, as that boosts the google ranking. I've done a fair bit of that already, but the more we promote the forum the more sucessful it will be.

I've been posting requests for link backs (it works well ... most sites agree to do this), I also look for queries related to Belfast on the genealogy boards .. I feel rather than have Belfast queries scattered on sites all over the net if as many as possible are on the Forum people will get to know this site. I've just realised that the Classified Board .. Accommodation Available and Wanted sections are worth promoting. People from other parts of Ireland, Britain and overseas come to Uni in Belfast to study .. people also come to work in Belfast. Promoting the Accommodation Wanted board is easy enough but I'm not too sure how best to promote the Accommodation Available board other than approach estate agents .. I feel we need private landlords who let their properties without using agents. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach the private landlords?

anne

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »
I found this site by accident and I think it is great. I am not from Belfast but my husband is.I feel I have made a lot of new friends

Christopher

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »
We don't mind if it was by accident that you found our site Anne, it's great to have you as a member :D
What is the story of the accident? Were you surfing for another site connected with Belfast. Is your
huband a member too? Where in Belfast did he live and go to school and what are his memories of the city?

All the Best, Chris