Author Topic: The McShanes from East Bread Street  (Read 30008 times)

vision tech

Re: The McShanes from East Bread Street
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2013, 09:09:16 PM »
When was bread street east renamed East bread street?

stecuz86

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »
Refer to people searching for family members of the Polly family. I'm from Scotland and my nana is Ellen Jane Polly, the daughter of Walter Polly and Nellie.
I'm also doing a family tree and trying to find out more about the Polly side. Can you help?

Thanks

oldtimelil

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
My mum remembers the McShanes of east bread street as her grandmother Minnie Whitten lived in 20 East Bread street. She lived on one end of Ashdale Street and Vance's shop was on the other side. A lot of the names on this post ring a bell with my mum such as the Parkers and the Mitchells. She said it was nice to hear all these names again.

Pamelamartinmo

Does anyone know of the Martin Family from East Bread Street?. Hiram Martin who went on to live in the Braniel?

William Shaw

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2017, 05:31:41 AM »

With respect to the Mcshanes who lived on East Bread street.   Davey emigrated to Toronto.  I knew him well.   He had a sister I think that her name was Eileen.  I replied to this query earlier today while I was having a coffee in a local Tim Horton's here in Toronto    I was using wifi at the time, and I'm not quite sure if that message went out.  I lived at #11 East bread street until I emigrated to Canada in 1957.  Despite being 86 I still remember quite a few of the names from East bread street.  I remember a few names from Bloomfield street and some of the names from the two streets that ran off East bread street I think that they were both called Abetta something like Parade and Gardens..   Anyhow I hope this gives you some information.  To the best of my knowledge Davey passed away a number of years ago.  I didn't know that this link existed until today.  A friend of mine was asking about Belfast and I looked it up on my phone and while doing so came upon this website.  Good morning from a hot steamy Toronto.  Temperature was 33 Celsius or around 91 Fahrenheit
yesterday.  William Shaw.  By the way I went to Bloomfield P.E.S on East Bread Street

vision tech

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »
William Shaw, do you remember the Mcmillan's @ 23 Eastbread st, Sammy and Minnie, they had 5 children, Sammy junior who sadly passed away today 1st August 2017, he was the oldest, Isobel who passed away 2 years ago, Betty , still here, Anna my wife, still here and Andrew still here.

belfast bairn

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:02 AM »
William Shaw, do you remember the Mcmillan's @ 23 Eastbread st, Sammy and Minnie, they had 5 children, Sammy junior who sadly passed away today 1st August 2017, he was the oldest, Isobel who passed away 2 years ago, Betty , still here, Anna my wife, still here and Andrew still here.
     My Mum knows the McMillan's.  She is Betty McShane who grew up at 52 East Bread Street.  He father Joe McShane grew up at number 25.  Small world isn't it.

belfast bairn

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »
When was bread street east renamed East bread street?
I believe they are two different streets in two different areas of Belfast.  Bread Street I have seen on older maps of Belfast whereas East Bread Street was no where to be seen at that time.  I am sure someone in the Forum is more of an expert on this topic.  It would be interesting to find out.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2017, 02:34:50 AM »
Bread st is in the falls area west belfast and I think east bread st in in the albertbridge rd area east belfast.

mcd

« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2017, 02:44:55 AM »
With respect to the Mcshanes who lived on East Bread street.   Davey emigrated to Toronto.  I knew him well.   He had a sister I think that her name was Eileen.  I replied to this query earlier today while I was having a coffee in a local Tim Horton's here in Toronto    I was using wifi at the time, and I'm not quite sure if that message went out.  I lived at #11 East bread street until I emigrated to Canada in 1957.  Despite being 86 I still remember quite a few of the names from East bread street.  I remember a few names from Bloomfield street and some of the names from the two streets that ran off East bread street I think that they were both called Abetta something like Parade and Gardens..   Anyhow I hope this gives you some information.  To the best of my knowledge Davey passed away a number of years ago.  I didn't know that this link existed until today.  A friend of mine was asking about Belfast and I looked it up on my phone and while doing so came upon this website.  Good morning from a hot steamy Toronto.  Temperature was 33 Celsius or around 91 Fahrenheit
yesterday.  William Shaw.  By the way I went to Bloomfield P.E.S on East Bread Street

I grew up in Bloomfield St     could  it be Bloomfield Parade and Bloomfield Crescent ?
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

mcd

« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »
Bread st is in the falls area west belfast and I think east bread st in in the albertbridge rd area east belfast.

East Bread St runs from the Beersbridge Rd to the Newtownards Rd  O0
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

DANIMAC76

« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »
There may be no connection, but there is a lot on Google about Buster McShane if you google his name.   

Hi, does anyone recall the McShane's from falls rd/shankill? i am trying trace my family history. nan- Elizabeth mcshane (Betty) grandad Gerry, still in belfast I believe??

children
Marion, Lily , shaun, James, ann-marie

Any help would be appreciated  :)