Author Topic: The McShanes from East Bread Street  (Read 29966 times)

Chicago

Re: The McShanes from East Bread Street
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 08:24:33 PM »
Yes she was/is SF, do you remember the little cut she had between her nostrils. She was also a good singer. Did you know her before she married some-one called Pinkerton? You must remember Sandy, her brother, he sang with a band in the local pubs. I remember having to pay a cover charge once to get in to see him. 

-Jen
We must all hang together, else we shall all hang separately....BENJAMIN FRANKELIN

Wendl

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 07:11:14 PM »
[quote author=jauntyjohnston link=topic=9121.msg348923#msg348923

HI I lived in bloomfield parade and immagrated to the states in 1959. my mother lived in bloomfield parade until she died in 2004. knew all the MCSHANES ALSO THE CROWS. I also knew AGNES Parker very well.
My maiden name was Steed.would like to hear from anyone

[/quote]

HI there....

Just saw your post....the Crowe's from Eastbread Street are my rellies...I'm in touch with Caroline and her family, she married a Bowers, Sabina married a Ballantine, sadly all the boys and Mae are gone...RIP

All the Best
Wendy
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compete or compare.....everyone will respect you!
Lao-Tzu

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »
[quote author=jauntyjohnston link=topic=9121.msg348923#msg348923

HI I lived in bloomfield parade and immagrated to the states in 1959. my mother lived in bloomfield parade until she died in 2004. knew all the MCSHANES ALSO THE CROWS. I also knew AGNES Parker very well.
My maiden name was Steed.would like to hear from anyone

HI WENDY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. DO YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR WINDSOR? DO YOU EVER GET IN TOUCH WITH CAROLYM .SEND HER MY REGARDS. BELLE.

PS MY HUSBAND KNEW BARNEY CROW WHEN HE WORKED IN THE SHIPTARD.

HI there....

Just saw your post....the Crowe's from Eastbread Street are my rellies...I'm in touch with Caroline and her family, she married a Bowers, Sabina married a Ballantine, sadly all the boys and Mae are gone...RIP

All the Best
Wendy

Wendl

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
Hi Jaunty....

I live about 55min west of Toronto, I talk to her daughter Kim quite a bit and usually see them when I'm home to Belfast....will definitely tell Caroline I was speaking to you...it's funny, I only found them in 2004, Caroline's Mum was the only one of my Granda's immediate (Close)  family who stayed in Belfast when the others immigrated in the 1920's.....until I started to search the family tree, I no clue they existed....was wonderful to finally find them.

All the Best
Wendy
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compete or compare.....everyone will respect you!
Lao-Tzu

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
Hi Jaunty....

I live about 55min west of Toronto, I talk to her daughter Kim quite a bit and usually see them when I'm home to Belfast....will definitely tell Caroline I was speaking to you...it's funny, I only found them in 2004, Caroline's Mum was the only one of my Granda's immediate (Close)  family who stayed in Belfast when the others immigrated in the 1920's.....until I started to search the family tree, I no clue they existed....was wonderful to finally find them.

All the Best
Wendy

HI WENDY . THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I AM SURE CAROLINE WILL REMEMBER ME. GIVE HER MY REGARDS. I GO BACK TO BELFAST OFTEN, THE PEOPLE I GREW UP WITH HAVE ALL MOVED AWAY AND I HAVE LOST TOUCH WITH MANY OF THEM. IT IS GOOD TO GET SOME NEWS FROM HOME.

I LIVE IN MICHIGAN,BUT I STILL LOVE TO GET TO IRELAND.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK. BELLE.

specy

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
I lived in East Bread St. I know nearly everyone who lived on that Street, I lived opposite the Mchanes , my name was Irvine, I would like to hear from anyone out there who remembers the Irvines, my Dad had a photographic shop on the Beersbridge Rd just opposite Grove Baptist Church.                                                                                                   

mcd

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
hi i lived in bloomfield st  my surname is allen . i chumed with patricia mitchell , i remember the name. did you live beside carol mcalpine?. do you remember ella,s shop? the jackons lived in the corner house of east bread st and bloomfield prd ,i left the street about 1966 moved to mount st ,married a guy from glentoran st  then came to canada in 1972. i still go back quite often as i have a sister and brother at home    best wishes cheers :drinks:
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

mcd

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »
 hi ms steed i remember when you left to go to the states lived in bloomfield street i have a brother John and a sister Myrtle  you lived close to my chum patrica hill  just found out about this site  it was great to see all those names again it was memory lane for me  by the way  the surmane everyone got stuck on was jackie hagen  he had a club foot sorry to say he died a few years back .  take care   :)
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

belfast bairn

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:06 PM »
Mcd,
Hi now if I don't have my Mitchell's mixed up I am quite sure your Patricia Mitchell is my Auntie's sister.  Margaret (Maggie) is married to my Uncle Jimmy McShane.  He was really good friends with the late Jackie Hagen.  Jackie passed away the same summer my Granda Joe McShane died.  I was home for that sad occasion and I think both funerals were a week apart. I need to get my Mum online more often because she probably knows most of from the street.  She remembers just about everyone.

mcd

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
morning belfast bairn   you got it right still keep in touch with patsy was back home about six weeks ago usually go once a year  was wondering if your grandfather kept racing piegions if memory serves me right  i  think he and jackie mckiterrick  would be out our back with my dad  watching for my dads birds  if he didnt have his own he must of had an interest  tell your mom i said hi  many years ago we were in your house i think you lived in oshawa or pickering must be twenty year ago      take care  :yes: :yahoo:

belfast bairn

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
Hello everyone.  I just want to add one or two things since I have had a chat with my Mum.

Now Specy my Mum remembers the Irvines living opposite her Granny's house at 25 East Bread Street.  Not too far from the crowd at 51 though.

Mcd my Granda didn't keep racing pidgeons.  He had no room for he was busy keeping 11 children!  He did however have a habit of going to the corner and feeding all the pidgeons that would flock around him.  As a small girl I thought it was magic to watch him surrounded by all the birds.  Mum certainly remembers Ella's wee shop and of course the Jacksons were close neighbours.  I remember Mr. Parker's shop and Sammie Vance's as well.  You must be Jean who visited us with Pat Mitchell in Ontario.  Do you remember any of the younger Mc Shane boys?  It truly is a small world isn't it!

mcd

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »
 two names come to mind right now  desi and bertie   one of your uncle had a nickname snowwhite  am i right ?

take care jean

belfast bairn

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »
Hello Jean,
Yes two of my many Uncles are Bertie and Desi.  And of course you would know my Uncle Jimmy the best of all.  My late Uncle Kenny used to hang around with him alot years ago.  Have you heard how my Auntie Maggie is doing lately?  My Mum gives them a call from time to time.
As for snowwhite being one of the boys' nickname that one is new to me.  But I certainly don't know everything now do I.

mcd

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:27 AM »
evening belfast bairn  speaking with pat michell today your auntie maggie is doing fine   about the nickname i think it was bertie,s  it was snow

take care mcd ::)

jamesbt20

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 11:21:06 PM »
Achem!! erm? can I stick my head round the door a sec?

1982 - 83 ? - Anyone know a guy who lived at the end of the street on the left who worked in Shorts?

Jim something? - total Gentleman - Any free time he ever got was spent in Crawfordsburn country park.

We built him a two story timber framed extension at the back of his house - the first of its kind in Northern Ireland - Job only lasted a lot a few weeks but really enjoyed it.  sob! Sob! at break/Tea time - you got the works. sob! sob!

If Jim's still with us he is no doubt retired and lying in the sun in Crawfordsburn right now

Gentleman Jim :-)