Author Topic: The McShanes from East Bread Street  (Read 31183 times)

castlereagh

Re: The McShanes from East Bread Street
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
Hi bloomfield girl no margaret has sadly died in 1993 from cancer you also said about george he is still very much alive he has down syndrome i wouldnt have called him spastic i dont like that name sorry in what age rangewould you be in i will let my dad know all the info thanks

castlereagh

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 10:00:47 AM »
Hi bloomfield girl did you have a brother called paul and he was very close friends with sammy and an older sister called pat same age as my dad jim.

Bloomfieldgirl

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
Hi Castlereagh.  Sorry to hear about Margaret.  She was much older than me, so I didn't know her very well, but the coffee drinking always stuck with me.  No offence intended about George, it's just I was very young and I didn't recognise the different conditions - spasticity was one I thought of because I had an idea that George couldn't walk but that may be my memory playing tricks on me.  It's great to hear that he is still going strong.  I did have older brothers and sisters - John was the eldest, he's 73 now and lives in London.  Paul died of cancer 8 years ago in London.  Pat lives in Southampton, though she does have some health problems.  Kathleen is in Kent.  Philip died in a car crash about 25 years ago, and Rosie and I are both in Kent.  We were the youngest, with me being the baby, so I doubt that your dad would remember Rosie and me.  I don't remember him, though I do remember Sammy.  Was he in the Army with Paul?  You dad might remember the Galways too, they would have lived next door to him I think.  Others he might remember were the Crothers family?

castlereagh

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
Hi Bloomfield girl my dad is 73 going on 74 and i guess he would have known the oldest i guess you wouldnt want to live here again where you young when you went to live in england margaret lived in england when she died and sammy lives in slough nice talking to you.

Bloomfieldgirl

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
I left  Elmdale Street in 1963 after my mother died.  I lived with relatives for 3 years after that on the outskirts of Belfast and came to England when I was a teenager.  I lived in London for a while before moving out to Kent.  I occasionally go back to Northern Ireland to visit a friend but I haven't got any family left there now.  Give my regards to your dad and to Sammy.  I'll mention them to Pat and John when I talk to them. I'm sure Pat will remember, she has a great memory. 

4181alan

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2009, 01:55:42 AM »
Hi

Just read your message and was wondering if any of you from East Bread St remembered the Polly's? They used to live near the top end, the top end not being the end closer to the Newtownards Road.  ;)
ding dong

4181alan

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:04 AM »
aha sally polly [clarke] was my mother now passed away along with uncle walter.IT was my granny and granda polly that lived there ineast bread st.im stillin touch with david he lives in roehamton, london and i live in enfield.
ding dong

weeone

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2009, 12:23:18 AM »
HI MCD  I REMEMBER THE McSHANES . WENT TO SCHOOL WITH JEAN .  EAST BREAD ST
SCHOOL  I LIVED AT 30 BLOOMFIELD PD . NEXT DOOR TO THE DAWSONS . LOVE TO HEAR FROM  ANY ONE IN THE AREA  , LOOKING FOR  VALERIA SOMMERSET  SHE LIVED AT 7 BLOOMFIELD PD   EILEEN HAMILTON (THOMPSON)

mcd

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
HI MCD  I REMEMBER THE McSHANES . WENT TO SCHOOL WITH JEAN .  EAST BREAD ST
SCHOOL  I LIVED AT 30 BLOOMFIELD PD . NEXT DOOR TO THE DAWSONS . LOVE TO HEAR FROM  ANY ONE IN THE AREA  , LOOKING FOR  VALERIA SOMMERSET  SHE LIVED AT 7 BLOOMFIELD PD   EILEEN HAMILTON (THOMPSON)

Good morning weeone  I remember Richard Dawson ,Valeria Somerset ,was she an only child? I will ask my sister when i talk to her later today  do you remember the Allens from bloomfield  st                 

Take care Mcd
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

madness

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »
i meet Joe McShane nearly every night while im out for a walk. He stands at the corner of East Bread St an the Beersbridge Rd, beside the offie. Sometimes theres a few of them standing there chatting away other times theres only Joe waiting for someone to yarn to. DECENT WEE MAN AND ALWAYS PLEASANT

belfast bairn

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
i meet Joe McShane nearly every night while im out for a walk. He stands at the corner of East Bread St an the Beersbridge Rd, beside the offie. Sometimes theres a few of them standing there chatting away other times theres only Joe waiting for someone to yarn to. DECENT WEE MAN AND ALWAYS PLEASANT

Madness when you next see him will you pass him along a "Hello" from the Yank.  He should know exactly who you mean.
Thanks.

belfast bairn

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

Good morning weeone  I remember Richard Dawson ,Valeria Somerset ,was she an only child? I will ask my sister when i talk to her later today  do you remember the Allens from bloomfield  st                 

Take care Mcd

Mcd I was asking my Mum and she recalls Valerie Somerset was an only child.  Guess that was a rarity back in the day before the pill.

madness

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »

Madness when you next see him will you pass him along a "Hello" from the Yank.  He should know exactly who you mean.
Thanks.

I was talking to him about an hour ago. But i wil pass on he message  B/B

madness

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2010, 07:34:49 PM »

Thanks.

I sent you a PM as i was talking to Joe tonight

specy

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2010, 03:09:49 AM »
 I lived in East Bread st for many years and knew the Crowes, some of them went to Bloomfield School which some of you might remamber, I also knew the Blackstocks, Aggie Parker, also the Mchanes, does anyone remember theneMcleans that lived next door to Mrs Shaw and her two sons Victor and Billy, they lived a couple of houses from Machoods wee shop which their side door  was in East Bread St, I can name you everyone who lived in the lower end of East Bread St if you are interested in remembering some of the others. 
 Jean Bailie nee Irvine