Author Topic: The McShanes from East Bread Street  (Read 31201 times)

jauntyjohnston

Re: The McShanes from East Bread Street
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »
hi ms steed i remember when you left to go to the states lived in bloomfield street i have a brother John and a sister Myrtle  you lived close to my chum patrica hill  just found out about this site  it was great to see all those names again it was memory lane for me  by the way  the surmane everyone got stuck on was jackie hagen  he had a club foot sorry to say he died a few years back .  take care   :)

HI MCS HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE FORUM FOR QUITE AWHILE; GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU, I KNOW PAT HILL VERT WELL' HER NAME IS BAXTER NOW. I SEE HER SOMETIME WHEN I AM HOME, WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU  B JOHNSTON  (steed)

mcd

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »
my name was jean allen in those days does patricia still live in the area someone told me she lived in bloomfield st , granny spratt,s house....,  speaking to patsy mitchell a couple of weeks ago she was saying she was talking to mrs baxter she is in her eighties now and helps out in the mission hall the next time i am home i have got to call in and see her
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

jauntyjohnston

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
my name was jean allen in those days does patricia still live in the area someone told me she lived in bloomfield st , granny spratt,s house....,  speaking to patsy mitchell a couple of weeks ago she was saying she was talking to mrs baxter she is in her eighties now and helps out in the mission hall the next time i am home i have got to call in and see her

Hi Jean thanks for the reply. I know Mrs Baxter very well and I stay in touch with her.We live in Rochester Michigan where do you live?
Regards Belle

mcd

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »

hi belle 
     nice to hear from you again,  we live in port perry, ontario

hope all is well with you    take care  jean O0
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

fitzy

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
Hi there my aunt ella was born in no51 east bread street, her mother was called lizzy (mc shane) her married name was dickson, they used to live in Templemore street. if you want i can check out with my aunt ella she loves family history.

fitzy

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »
hi again i got the nos wrong my aunt ella was born at 25 and my aunt vone was born at 61, my mums their cousin on their dads side of the family he was one of seven brothers who were all rivetters in harlands my mum was called lila dickson, they also had cousins at the bridge end, infect my uncle andy still livesdown that end of the road

mcd

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »

hi fitzy  the only ella mcshane i remember had a sister jean  ella if i remember right was never  married  she ran the wee shop for jackie mackie are we talking about the same person?  they had a brother but cant remember his name  think he was a missionary

belfast bairn

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »
Good day to all!

Fitzy:  You are right about Ella McShane living at 25 East Bread Street.  She was one of quite a few siblings.  I remember herself, Jean, Marion, Joe (my granda), Tommy and David.  I would have to check with my Mum but I don't think I have forgotten anyone.  My great uncle David lived in Canada.  My great auntie Jean married Louis Stinson (spelling?), great auntie Marion's married name was Rutherford.  My Auntie Ella lived at 25 all her life I believe.  I also remember Auntie Jean living with her as well for years.
Just wondering if you are related to the McShanes by blood or marriage?  We could be distantly related! 

belfast bairn

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »
Sorry Tommy McShane may have not been a sibling but I think they had an Alec.

belfast bairn

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »
I stand corrected by my Mum.  They have a Tommy and an Alec in the family.  She also reminded me of her Auntie Lizzie.  Mum says she was one of the older McShanes from 25 East Bread Street.  Quite a houseful they had.  That makes 8 siblings in total!

fitzy

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 10:33:31 PM »
Hi belfast brain my great aunt lizzie was a mcshane to her own name, she married my grandfathers brother herby they lived in templemore street and had two daughters, one my aunt ella who was called after her sister the other daughter was called after my grandas other brothers wife voneyara who lived out in Austrailia the still lie of the beers bridge road. your mother probley remembers the seacadet hall well my dad was the co there during the60s and 70s and mrs Quinn was the key holder, you can ask her. bye for now

castlereagh

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
hI DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER THE SMITHS FROM ELMDALE STREET ALL WENT TO ELMGROVE SCHOOL IN THE 40S AND 50S.

Bloomfieldgirl

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
hI DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER THE SMITHS FROM ELMDALE STREET ALL WENT TO ELMGROVE SCHOOL IN THE 40S AND 50S.

Castlereagh, I lived in Elmdale Street, the Smiths lived I think 3 doors away from me.  I remember Margaret Smith, she was about 4 or 5 years older than me.  My most vivid memory of her was when she stood on her doorstep drinking Camp coffee.  We thought she was really sophisticated, we never had coffee back then, only tea.  I remember her brothers - Sammy who was much older, and George who didn't live with them but used to visit regularly.  George was disabled, I only ever saw him sitting in the sun in his wheelchair outside Mrs McChesney's house, with a blanket over his knees.  He couldn't speak very ell, he may have been spastic also, but I was very young and never really understood what it was.  What was your connection with the Smiths?

castlereagh

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2009, 12:28:42 AM »
Hi bloomfield girl my dad was jim margarets brother whats your last name so i can ask him if he knew your family

Bloomfieldgirl

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »
Hi Castlereagh, the name was Ruddock.  Your dad, Jim - I don't remember him but he may remember my brother and sister, Philip and Kathleen? My other sister and I would have been much younger than Jim.  Is Margaret still in Belfast?