Author Topic: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School  (Read 156473 times)

ourjoe

Re: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 11:55:17 PM »
lads I'll catch you' tomarrow up for work early
            cheers   ourjoe
i hear you knocking  but you can't come in

boxer1949

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 12:19:18 AM »
Hi just looking at the names on the first register name Laurence Mc Cafferty was from Tyrone st. He went to usa when he was about Six(philadelphia)  and was a cop there. now he is a top Judge.There was a big story about him in the irish news a few years ago Was on TV too. So you had some one famous in your class 

St.Anthony

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 12:32:30 AM »
Boxer,   I'm going by the p6 class 1958.

Sam Conway, Noel Vernon, Roddy Corley, Anthony McCafferty, Anthony Matthews, John McMullan,Henry Rooney,James Ramsey,Tony Black, Franky Black, (twins) Patrick Loughlin, Micky Cotterill, Harry Campbell, Danny McGuinness, Robert McAllister, Brendan O'Donaghue, Malachy McIlwee, John mcNulty, Willie Irvine, Anthony Duffy, Joe Douglas.

That's all the p6s for 1958.  I think different classes shared the same room at that time and that is why some of the names you gave me may have been in the same room but a different class.  I hope this assists your memory.

St.Anthony

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »
Boxer, I know of the story but that's not our Laurence.  He was from Francis street and I think he works for the Irish News.  His brother is Sean McCafferty who boxed at the !964 and 1968 olympics.  Mexico and Tokyo? Another brother is The boxing coach Terry.  They moved to Turf Lodge in the 60s.

voyager

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »

And what a great Family they are too.We shared a house with then in Francis Street and you  St.Anthony shared a few spuds with us too didn't you  ;D

St.Anthony

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »
I sure did.  I loved them so much I followed yous all the way to Ardmonagh.  ;D ;D

boxer1949

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »
Boxer, I know of the story but that's not our Laurence.  He was from Francis street and I think he works for the Irish News.  His brother is Sean McCafferty who boxed at the !964 and 1968 olympics.  Mexico and Tokyo? Another brother is The boxing coach Terry.  They moved to Turf Lodge in the 60s. Yes Anthony i looked  up the web that was a Seamus nothing to francis st ones.Iknow all the mc caffertys Tony was in my class in St anthonys

boxer1949

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »
Boxer,  I'm going by the p6 class 1958.

Sam Conway, Noel Vernon, Roddy Corley, Anthony McCarty, Anthony Matthews, John McMullan,Henry Rooney,James Ramsey,Tony Black, Franky Black, (twins) Patrick Loughlin, Micky Cotterill, Harry Campbell, Danny McGuinness, Robert McAllister, Brendan O'Donaghue, Malachy McIlwee, John mcNulty, Willie Irvine, Anthony Duffy, Joe Douglas.

That's all the p6s for 1958.  I think different classes shared the same room at that time and that is why some of the names you gave me may have been in the same room but a different class.  I hope this assists your memory.

All the names here were in my class.Was along with big Willie Irvine a few months ago had a drink with him. Some other names i remember are Joe Pollock,Gerry Rooney, Tony Mc Shane,(frank Mc Kinney was two of them)One from Stanhope st one from Wilson st,Digger Mc Corry,Brendan Vernon,memory away again Cheers

boxer1949

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »
This a photo from Barney 1960 About 7 from st Anthonys

boxer1949

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
This a photo from Barney 1960 About 7 from st Anthonys
Sam Conway,Tony Black RIP,Roddy Mc CorleyRIP,Plum Duffy,Tommy Mallon,Anthony DelaneyRip Mackers Mc Nulty, Myself Patsy Dunlop

St.Anthony

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »
Boxer, Tony Black is still alive but ill.  His twin Franky died about 8-9years ago.

I thought the stout guy in the photo was Sam Conway, 4th from left second last row.

In the second row front, 4th from right, that boy is a duck egg for my grandson who goes to Barney now.  Uncanny

boxer1949

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 11:57:22 AM »
Boxer, Tony Black is still alive but ill.  His twin Franky died about 8-9years ago.

I thought the stout guy in the photo was Sam Conway, 4th from left second last row.

In the second row front, 4th from right, that boy is a duck egg for my grandson who goes to Barney now.  Uncanny
You call that guy Francie Mc Auley(smiler) my cousin from ballymurphy,I got that wrong about Tony Black his wife deid a few years as i know hes in a home does not know shes dead nice fella, yes thats Sam

Loiste na mona

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »

Ourjoe,  Here is Micky's Class
just a couple of quick questions.
Is St anthonys also know as Millfield school.
If so, do you have anything Kevin Mc Cracken who would have started around 1961 or Gerard Fennell around 1951.
Is the Martin Skillen on the register, the same who died on the falls road

ourjoe

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »
hi loiste na mona
                              wilcome
and yes it is the same martin skillen  RIP    .ourjoe
i hear you knocking  but you can't come in

St.Anthony

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
Kevin McCracken, Register No. 265 Date of admission 20/03/61 50 Alton Street Carrick Hill
last attended 29/06/62 Moved to Turf Lodge. Went to St.Theresa's Glen Road.

Class mates Martin McIlwee, Gabriel Cosgrove, Timothy Dunwoody,Thomas Dyer,and his brother John Dyer. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy