Author Topic: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School  (Read 156477 times)

lilybo

Re: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »
Is there anyone out there who went to St. Anthony's Primary School Millfield?
Of course there is thousands of us.   I have a lot of the school records going back many many years up until about 1975 and if you are looking for some history of the past pupils let me know.

Hi,

How  far back do your records go, my daddy was from Upton Street, Freddie Holden went to St Anthonys, would have been around 1927 onwards, taught by Paddy McFadden whose daughter later me un St. Louises.

Brothers Sam, Joe, William and Eddie, sisters Mary and Kathleen all Holdens would have gone to St. Anthony's.

Would appreciate any help and any old photos anyone has from the school.

Cath
Get down on your knees and thank God you are still on your feet.

Loiste na mona

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
Kevin McCracken, Register No. 265 Date of admission 20/03/61 50 Alton Street Carrick Hill
last attended 29/06/62 Moved to Turf Lodge. Went to St.Theresa's Glen Road.

Class mates Martin McIlwee, Gabriel Cosgrove, Timothy Dunwoody,Thomas Dyer,and his brother John Dyer. O0
is it possible to see these records, and is there any photos of him or Martin Skillen at the school.

St.Anthony

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »

These are the records for P4 Girls 1947

They are too big for my scanner.  they are all one class

St.Anthony

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »

St.Anthony

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »

lilybo

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
Hi

Many thanks for this, my father and his brothers would have started the schhol in the twenties and all would have left by around 1937 or 38, where do you manage to get these wonderful documents /

Cath

St.Anthony

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
hello lilybo,  It a long story but I promise you you'll know in the not to distant future.  My collection only begins ar0und 1940 but I have photo copies of others I got from the Public Records Office.

It is my intention to set up a web site where I will publish all my documents for anyone wishing to do research.

lilybo

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
Many Thanks,  I am home on 10th October for a few days and will be going to the records office but haven't a clue where to start, they charge £26 per hour if you have someone from them to help you >:( >:( >:(

sultan.

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
hi millfield man i have just joined this forum. inreply  about st anthonys/ my late father went to st anthonys  and when it was getting knocked down a few years ago a friend of his jimmy mc neice went over to the school and got my father  a fewold bricks. and   the way  the waytoi had to carry them  all  the waytoo the falls road/

St.Anthony

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »
Hi Sultan, Welcome to the forum. O0   I think I know the McNiece family you spoke of. (Unity Flats before moving to Antrim Road.)  We were having a discussion last week on where the  concrete stone went, that had National School engrave on it that was above the front of the building.  One theory is that it is in the custody of the parish priest in St. Mary's Chapel.

ollie

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
hi Anthony sorry i didnt get your message posted 7th Sep iwas away. Yes my uncle Jim and aunt Margaret lived in unity flats. they are Rooneys. My great aunt Maggie Shiels lived there as well but she lived on 3 floor ithink and her sister Sally Irvine lived on ground floor. Their Brother lived in one of the wee houses Paddy Flanigan. But 51E ithink it was or maybe not but i remeber it well .My granny lived there for a while before she moved to Turflodge.
you only live once but if you live right once is enough

BigDen

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »
Re St.Anthonys School.

Would that school cover the Ross Street Area?  I'm doing family research, I live in England so I'm not familier where places are.

Thanks.
BigDen

ollie

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »
hi bigben i dont really know i have been living away as well i but if you email or post a message for Anthony he would know he has all the roles for ST Anthonys school hope i was helpful good luck
you only live once but if you live right once is enough

ourjoe

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
hi Anthony sorry i didnt get your message posted 7th Sep iwas away. Yes my uncle Jim and aunt Margaret lived in unity flats. they are Rooneys. My great aunt Maggie Shiels lived there as well but she lived on 3 floor ithink and her sister Sally Irvine lived on ground floor. Their Brother lived in one of the wee houses Paddy Flanigan. But 51E ithink it was or maybe not but i remeber it well .My granny lived there for a while before she moved to Turflodge.

hi..ollie
can you tell me what relation are you to sally Irvine because we our cousins of the Irvine's
i hear you knocking  but you can't come in

St.Anthony

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »

St.Anthony's Primary School Millfield before demolition.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy