Author Topic: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School  (Read 136106 times)

peter garland

Re: St. Anthony's Primary School / Millfield School
« Reply #750 on: July 10, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
johnnymac if you are on facebook I put on photos of your mum when she was a young girl and one of your dad along with uncle billy and barney

johnnymac

« Reply #751 on: July 10, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Thanks Peter. I'm not on Facebook but I will find a way round that.

bern

« Reply #752 on: July 10, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »
Was wondering if anyone had any other information on Jean Auld??

bern

« Reply #753 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »
belfastlass, you  mentioned the mc canns from francis street
was there a thomas or john

bernie

katiramaria

« Reply #754 on: August 19, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »
Hello I am looking for information on the mc cafferty family who lived in Francis street in the Smithfield area.
My grandfather is terry mc cafferty who sadly passed away in June . I have been trying to put together a family tree I know that his father was called Patrick mc cafferty and that is All the information that i have about him. If anyone else has any information it would be greatly appreciated.
 If anyone also has information on Mary his wife's parents it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

belfastlass

« Reply #755 on: August 27, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »

hi, would you have any more information on Jean Auld?  im trying to find some record of where she sang, maybe some old pictures.  Would you know what year she attended St anthonys???

thanks for any help

belfastlass

We lived in Francis St around 1940 until we moved to Andersonstown about 1950
anyone remember the Mc Cleaves,Duffys,Mc Canns the Aulds ,Downeys Big Nelly, mcCaffertys
Burns
Everybody went to St Anthony's School Jean Auld went on to sing in the Fiesta and oneof the mc Cafferty's
done himself proud in boxing
The masters were O'Brian O'Shea Mc Carthy Mc Fadden and Miss O'Doherty
Mc Carthy was a bit of a bully and liked nothing better than a excuse to get out the strap
one day it got a bit much for Mr O Shea who then fought with Mc Carthy until the head O'Brian stopped it
Mc Carthy finally got dismissed 
tO this day I really believe that if had been allowed to continue he would have caused serious injury's
to some of us   

johnnymac

« Reply #756 on: March 17, 2015, 07:12:47 AM »

Patricia Kerr (centre) with her US host family in Hyannis, Cape Cod in the summer of 1979.

Emmanuel.campbell

« Reply #757 on: December 20, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »
does any one know what became of Mrs McAlindin???? I know she taught in St Teresa's on the Glen Road Belfast after she left St Anthonys :(
Emmanuel Campbell of Upper Library Street

boxer1949

« Reply #758 on: December 20, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »
does any one know what became of Mrs McAlindin? ??? I know she taught in St Teresa's on the Glen Road Belfast after she left St Anthonys :(
Emmanuel Campbell of Upper Library Street
She died last year

Emmanuel.campbell

« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
Thanks Boxer for your prompt response, sorry to hear that, you would't happen to know where she is buried would you??

johnnymac

« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
Emmanuel, I attended Miss McAlinden's funeral at St Mary's On the Hill. Former principals of St Anthony's Daniel Eugene Magill and Leo Collins were there. Maureen McDonnell, a former teacher at the school, was also there.

Miss McAlinden's family came from Portadown and it is in a family plot there that she was interred.

Emmanuel.campbell

« Reply #761 on: December 21, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
Hi Johnnymac Thanks a million for the quick reply it is much appreciated.
Emmanuel

Tissa

« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

My mother Martha Brady and her sister Peggy from Carrickhill went to St Anthony's. They were born 1928 and 1930 so should be in records from mid 1930s to mid 1940s. My mother talked about being taught by two sisters who were teachers during her time there. Any info or photos from this era would be appreciated.

johnnymac

« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »
You must mean the legendary McDermott sisters. I have supplied photos covering life at the school between 1974-1985 and I, too, would love to see photos from an earlier time.

ourjoe

« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »
Tissa

have you any more photo of Martha and peggy  even aunt Teresa and uncle Patrick     ourjoe    great nephew joe flanagan of Teresa and uncle Patrick

My mother Martha Brady and her sister Peggy from Carrickhill went to St Anthony's. They were born 1928 and 1930 so should be in records from mid 1930s to mid 1940s. My mother talked about being taught by two sisters who were teachers during her time there. Any info or photos from this era would be appreciated.
i hear you knocking  but you can't come in