Author Topic: Thorndale house  (Read 11286 times)

Wibberley

Re: Thorndale house
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 02:39:33 AM »
Hi
Can anyone help me please? I was a resident in Thorndale house in the 1970's along with my 3 brothers. (I am female)
Our family name is KERR. So, I would be grateful for any information on this time, or if anyone remembers any of my family.
We were placed in care at Thorndale by Social Services and there are quite large gaps in my past history that I would like to know about / know better.

Help me please please if you can!  :) ::)

lstevens55

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »
Hello. I know about the history of the house. Long ago. My grandmother was born there in 1907 and her mother and father came to America a few years later. Her grandfather owned the house and it was a dairy farm, had a shoe factory, etc. Very well to do as I understand. His son William was the oldest son. But he was a gentle soul and did not like all the fighting and all. Plus he married the maid and the family was not happy. When the father died William should have inherited it all as he was the eldest son. But the siblings never told him about their fathers death. I have no idea what happened to the family nor the house after about 1912. My grandmother did visit it in the 80's (??) and it was like a Salvation Army. She has pictures standing in her bedroom where she was born 70 years earlier. Quite a history. Their family name was Holmes.

lstevens55

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
By the way- what used to be Thorndale house/Salvation Army in the 80's- what is the address of the house? I know alot about it, but not the address.  Also, anyone have a history of what happened to the Holmes family that lived there? Where did they go? Who bought the house? Any info would be great. Thank you kindly.
steve

Annebev

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »
Hi is your name Jacqueline? We're your bros Terence mark and Karl? I am Anne Mcclelland and my brothers mark ian Aaron and billy. Would love to contact you are you on Facebook? My name is Anne Bevan now. Please get in touch x

lstevens55

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »
No, sorry. My name is Steve. My grandmother was a Holmes. They came to the US and she married a Rooker. Their daughter, my Mother, married a Siegel. I am Steve Siegel, and trying to find more info on the house. I would like to make a trip to Belfast and see it. But not sure I can find it.
Are you in the US?
Sincerely,
Steve

Eliz53

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
Hi I have been reading the Thordale poss, i was there in 1985 and would love any info onbwhat happened to the old existing house, photos etc would all be appreciated