Author Topic: Louisa st.  (Read 15587 times)

kenith

Louisa st.
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:20:56 PM »
Does anyone out there have any pictures or historical information on Louisa street, before it was demolished a few years ago
                           Thanks

Christopher

Re: Louisa st.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »
Louisa Street ran from the Oldpark Road to Walton Street. If you lived in that street or know of anyone who lived there please help Kenith with some memories or pictures of the area. Did you go regularly to the Byron Dart Club, call in to R. Armstrong's shop or John Blackburn's shop  (they were both at the junction of Druse Street and Louisa Street) or did you attend Louisa Street Pentecostal Church?   

jemmy hope

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
No pictures Kenith, but my Aunt, Sarah Gourley lived in the first house off the Oldpark, next door to the co-op. I had two cousins Derek and Roberta, who also lived at that address.
That would have been about forty years ago.
Two silly oul monarchs in battle did join, each wanting his head on the back of a coin, if the irish had sense they would throw both in the boyne.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:04:36 PM »
William Armstrong had a supper saloon next to Glenpark Street

driver4012

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:57:18 AM »
hannalulus pub was in louisa st and the owner martin hannalulu was in the french resistance during the war

mrs mourinho

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
my family all lived in that area, my aunt lived in lebannon street,
we lived in ewarts row at the end just beside the bone had to move out when the troubles got bad... Hannalulus was their local...
always look on the bright side of life

RabRow

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
Lived there for awhile opposite the scrapyard Bates think it was. Haven't to many memories of it but I remember hannalulus. There was a bar on the corner just a bit down from the scrapyard,opposite side. It was on the corner of another street which ran off Walton street. Magees might have been the name.

mrs mourinho

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »
i lived beside bates yard 115 ewarts row. :) :)

RabRow

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »
i lived beside bates yard 115 ewarts row. :) :)

We lived there for a while with my aunt. Meg was the name. Think she too had to move because of the 'troubles'.

glenb

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »
Remember the Big King Billy on the gable wall on a street that ran off Louisa St, there was a chip shop and a sweet shop there also. My Brother told me there was a pub off Louisa st (going towards Crumlin st) that was very rough

mrs mourinho

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »
Remember the Big King Billy on the gable wall on a street that ran off Louisa St, there was a chip shop and a sweet shop there also. My Brother told me there was a pub off Louisa st (going towards Crumlin st) that was very rough

wee moved round the corner to Everton St, would it be the Everton Bar your thinking of... ???

tboy

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »
hannalulus pub was in louisa st and the owner martin hannalulu was in the french resistance during the war
another urban myth, the only resistance that old git was in was the resistance to buy proper beer. :)

glenb

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »
No, it was an older pub from the sixties, I believe there was an upstairs to it. People from Bone would drink in it as well, always trouble from what I hear, I'll get the name of it

mrs mourinho

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »
No, it was an older pub from the sixties, I believe there was an upstairs to it. People from Bone would drink in it as well, always trouble from what I hear, I'll get the name of it

hope you can get the name,i don,t know if i would remember it i was born in 62  :)

tboy

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »
the cossack, and there was never any bother when we were in it ;)