Author Topic: Anyone From Ardoyne  (Read 381654 times)

glenb

Re: Anyone From Ardoyne
« Reply #1065 on: March 16, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
Arder that's the McLauglins I knew (In Chatham st). Didn't Paddy own the barbershop and cut our hair. Also Mickey McLaughlin (Might have bee Paddy's son) he'd be about 54 now

olelad

« Reply #1066 on: March 16, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
charlie mcardle ?

glenb

« Reply #1067 on: March 16, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »
I remember the McArdles also. Robert McArdle, a childhood friend of mine was killed I think in a car accident. They lived up around Chatham street also

chi

« Reply #1068 on: March 16, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
i think your talking about eddie deeds, we were in the same class for years
I only knew him as Banky. He hung around
with sean lynch from top of ladbrook dr
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

Pat McGovern

« Reply #1069 on: April 05, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
To:  May Allen Crawford  (Re: Savage Family, Estoril Pk.)

Can you contact me as I don't have your user name to write to.

Joseph Brown

« Reply #1070 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
I lived in 41 Ladbrook Drive.

beller

« Reply #1071 on: April 09, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »
Does anyone remember the O'Neills from Jamaica Street?  I think they were some sort of scrap dealers. They lived next door to my grannies. I think one of them was called cloot O'neill because he was left handed. They lived at number 85 Jamaica Street. There was also Hughie O'Neill and Pauline O'Neill. Hughie was always invited to wakes as he was a bit of a live wire and a joker.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #1072 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »
Does anyone remember the O'Neills from Jamaica Street?  I think they were some sort of scrap dealers. They lived next door to my grannies. I think one of them was called cloot O'neill because he was left handed. They lived at number 85 Jamaica Street. There was also Hughie O'Neill and Pauline O'Neill. Hughie was always invited to wakes as he was a bit of a live wire and a joker.

Cloot and Hugh O'Neill are one and the same.
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Xavvi

« Reply #1073 on: April 16, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »
Hi those of you from Ardoyne,
Just had my sister Alexis on Skype letting me know that an old friend Chrissie McGivern nee Marks sadly died on Friday 13th April. Chrissie was a great friend to my sister but was also a great laugh for me and my cousins who traipsed after them.  Chrissie used to live in Eskdale Gardens so sad that she is no longer around.

pajamo46

« Reply #1074 on: April 17, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »
Hi those of you from Ardoyne,
Just had my sister Alexis on Skype letting me know that an old friend Chrissie McGivern nee Marks sadly died on Friday 13th April. Chrissie was a great friend to my sister but was also a great laugh for me and my cousins who traipsed after them.  Chrissie used to live in Eskdale Gardens so sad that she is no longer around.
Sorry to hear that bad news, The Marks lived next door to my family, they were 82 Eskdale, we were no 84. I knew the entire family, Bobby, Nuala,Chrissie, and the youngest brother, Tony.
Bobby was in the merchant navy, same as me, and I know Tony moved to Canada, he was in touch with the forum recently.
I never knew her married name, was she married to one of the McGiverns from Etna Drive?
R.I.P Chrissie

arder lavery

« Reply #1075 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that bad news, The Marks lived next door to my family, they were 82 Eskdale, we were no 84. I knew the entire family, Bobby, Nuala,Chrissie, and the youngest brother, Tony.
Bobby was in the merchant navy, same as me, and I know Tony moved to Canada, he was in touch with the forum recently.
I never knew her married name, was she married to one of the McGiverns from Etna Drive?
R.I.P Chrissie
can you remember jim lagan, about 8 doors up on the right hand side
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

pajamo46

« Reply #1076 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »
can you remember jim lagan, about 8 doors up on the right hand side
Arder I do remember a Jim Lagan, but did he come from Stratford Gardens?

rathlin

« Reply #1077 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »
Richmond Clothing Company, Kent Street, Belfast, Christmas 1961.  Anyone know anyone in the photo?  The young girl front left came from Ardoyne.

Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

arder lavery

« Reply #1078 on: June 09, 2012, 11:35:37 PM »
Arder I do remember a Jim Lagan, but did he come from Stratford Gardens?
no' he came from holmdene.
there was just him and his mum.
check what he's done.
had a meeting with him 12 years ago in his huge office down victoria street where the chapel sheds used to be.
check it out.

LAGAN DEVELOPMENTS.

everybody in belfast thinks that all that development along the lagan was called after the river lagan.

WRONG.

one of my nephews actually has a very high position with him, i believe he has since branched out overseas.
i also read on the net that the crumlin road jail was sold to him for peanuts, as he is the only devloper willing to spend the the money to modernise and bring it up to standard.
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

Rob1943

« Reply #1079 on: June 15, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »
Arkie I was born in Cranbrook Gardens and lived there till my family left to come to Australia. Do you recall the wee shop at the top of the street and the Tram/Bus Depot just around the corner it was almost opposite to Everton School which was my school.

My memory sadly does not go back that far so I am thinking our house number was 9 but I do remember it was right next to a vacant block where when it snowed we used our home made sleighs to take off from there and go down the street as fast as we could before crashing into the gutters  :D

My surname is NORTON,

Cheers, Rob
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)