Author Topic: Lavinia Street  (Read 27580 times)

stow

Re: Lavinia Street
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
Then you must also know Eleanor Maguire and Pauline. Do you know of anyway I can get in touch with any of them. We lost touch about 20 yrs ago. I had the biggest crush on Terry McCartan (the son) but my granny use to tell me to stay away from him because he was bad. (lol) My Uncle Felix still lives on River Terr. I will have to call my uncle gusty and tell him I was talking to you. Did you get to see him when he was home?
your granny was right about terry jnr lol, i cant think who elenor or pauline maguire is
              my mum lives about 4doors away from felix. are you the eldest of kathleen's kids ?
              im a few years younger than Gusty's eldest son. hope to hear from you soon kate. 

Karen

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Yes I am the eldest. I just turned 46. When did you move from Lavinia St? Eleanor lived at the bottom of the street on the same side as the McCartan's and she had a brother Desi. Pauline I don't know her last name but I remember she had alot of dogs. Funny the things we remember.

My Granny

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »
Karen, I think Eleanor lives in Crossgar she moved there a few years ago, Desi also lives there.

Karen

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
Thanks granny
 Do you know them personally? Can you give them my email address?

stow

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 10:59:44 AM »
Does anyone remember Truesdales wee shop back in the late 50s
hiya belfastboy was the shop your talking about at the very bottom of
              Lavinia st on the corner of abbot st
              if it is i remember it well, do you remember nellie grays round the corner
              i think her shop was on pevral st

stow

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »
Yes I am the eldest. I just turned 46. When did you move from Lavinia St? Eleanor lived at the bottom of the street on the same side as the McCartan's and she had a brother Desi. Pauline I don't know her last name but I remember she had alot of dogs. Funny the things we remember.
iwe lived in lavinia st until i was about 11 then we moved up to farnham st
              it just a stone throw from lavinia st. im also the eldest of 8 & just turned 40
              i'll ask about & try & get photos

Karen

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 01:25:33 PM »
Stow You said your mum lives 4 doors away from Uncle felix. Has she seen him lately? He was taken my granny's passing very bad. We were very worried about him. I also remember that corner shop and wasn't there a pub on the top corner near my granny's. We use to go over to the fruit stand on the corner of the ormeau rd. I think it was run by Kathleen McManus.

stow

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
Stow You said your mum lives 4 doors away from Uncle felix. Has she seen him lately? He was taken my granny's passing very bad. We were very worried about him. I also remember that corner shop and wasn't there a pub on the top corner near my granny's. We use to go over to the fruit stand on the corner of the ormeau rd. I think it was run by Kathleen McManus.
he would stand at the door everyday karen, i'll let him know that you've been
              asking about try & not worry about him we'll check up on him even more than
              usual. i remember felix when i was a kid he was a real playboy & always dressed
              to kill i always remember his ox blood chelsea boots lol
              the bar was sheegans it was at the very top of our street. kate

Karen

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
Thank you Kate. Yes I remember Uncle Felix as a playboy too. I also remember 2 girls from I believe Hatfield st named Sophia and Moira. They ran about with teasie. Do you know them?

Gerri

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
hi karen and co. i remember the pub at the corner of river terrace and lavina street as "paddy mc graths"  maybe he was the man who just worked in it?

i also remember the wee shop at corner of abbot street... used to be a girl worked there called marleen and we would watch her cut cheese behind the counter with a knife.. really thin,  on top of the glass counter  the bread sat, paris buns and belfast baps..

Karen

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 03:59:09 PM »
Hi Gerri the pub I remember was closer to the Ormeau Rd.

Karen

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »
Stow, I just got off the phone with my aunt annie and she said to say hello to your mum for her.

Karen

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »

Karen

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
sorry trying to learn how to put pictures on

Val

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »
Very Good Karen. ....Aunt Val O0 O0