Author Topic: St Tereasa's primary school 1958-1968  (Read 30809 times)

bhelena

Re: St Tereasa's primary school 1958-1968
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »
                                                                                                         That looks like Sean Tabb in the back row to the left of the lad with glasses.
Do you mean to the right  of the lad with the glasses the one to the left is one of the twins Gerard I think...

Joe 90

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
Do you mean to the right  of the lad with the glasses the one to the left is one of the twins Gerard I think...
That's actually Marty Tabby.   When I have time (hopefully later today) I will try to identify as many faces as I remember - probably only about ten.

bhelena

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2016, 02:05:53 PM »
That's actually Marty Tabby.   When I have time (hopefully later today) I will try to identify as many faces as I remember - probably only about ten.
That would be great Joe 90 I only know 3 of them but might remember names of the others ...

Joe 90

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
Sorry for my earlier typo - of course I meant to type Marty Tabb  (not Tabby!). I think I put these names up a couple of years ago, but here they are again (the ones I remember, that is):
Back row (left to right): Mickey Kinsella, Gerard Meleady, fourth from the left is Marty Tabb; The teacher is Joe Ewins
Second row: Paul Meleady, fourth from left is Paul McMahon, 6th is Paul Joseph Hughes
Third row: Third from left is John Bradley, Hugh Devlin is next; Joe Sloan is at the right hand end of the row
Front row: Third from the left is Brian McCann, fifth is Paul Henry Hughes, seventh is George ?, eighth is Tony Mulgrew.
I'm afraid I don't remember any more.                                    c

toon army

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »
                                                                            Of course you'r right Joe 90,I just noticed this pic was taken in 71,I left in 66, Sean would be 5 or 6 years older.

bhelena

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:30 PM »
                                                                            Of course you'r right Joe 90,I just noticed this pic was taken in 71,I left in 66, Sean would be 5 or 6 years older.
Hello toon=army did you know anymore from Gartree Place ?

toon army

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »
Hello toon=army did you know anymore from Gartree Place ?
                                                                                             Hi bhelena,I think the Tabbs lived there,not sure though as I lived in Turf when I went to St Tereasa's.John and Colette,and kids.My dad worked with John at the painting game.Sean was my dads apprentice at Ross St mill.

bhelena

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »
                                                                                             Hi bhelena,I think the Tabbs lived there,not sure though as I lived in Turf when I went to St Tereasa's.John and Colette,and kids.My dad worked with John at the painting game.Sean was my dads apprentice at Ross St mill.
I never knew Mr&Mrs Tabb's surname as we were allowed to call them by MR&Mrs back then we called all our friends Mum and Dad Mr&Mrs unlike todays kids they call everyone by their first names  ;)

Joe 90

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »
Those former pupils of St Theresas, who remember Miss (May) Ewings may like to know that she passed away on 21st May, in a nursing home in Lurgan. I am inserting a link which hopefully will display her obituary, but if it fails try Googling May Ewings.

Https//www.funeraltimes.com

When you open the web page click on obituaries and search on her surname Ewings

Joe 90

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »
Those former pupils of St Theresas, who remember Miss (May) Ewings may like to know that she passed away on 21st May, in a nursing home in Lurgan. I am inserting a link which hopefully will display her obituary, but if it fails try Googling May Ewings.

Https//www.funeraltimes.com

When you open the web page click on obituaries and search on her surname Ewings

It may work better if you just type www.funeraltimes.com into the web address window and search on that.

PeterRodgers

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
Hi all. I lived in Andersonstown Drive and went to St Teresa's between 1963-1970. My first teacher was Miss Gilleece. Then Jimmy Donnelly. I had Mr McGonigal for a while out in the huts. His catch phrase was 'Yooouuu boyyyyy!!! when he caught you talking. Some of my classmates were; Paddy McAteer, Arizona street, Stephen mcCall, Joseph Unsworth, Turf Lodge, Sean Symington, Cormac McLoughlin, Raymond Hunter, Glen Crescent and Fiachra Stockman.[/size]

harrison

« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2018, 06:17:10 PM »
I remember a Joe Rodgers 12 the Drive married miss Carlin
He started a choir we sang in a small ha l facing the bottom Andy Park on the main road.We sang Park in the clear air.The Smiths  McConkey,Jordan,Fitzpatrick,we were rubbish.
Do you not remember the river across the playground,a small bridge.led us across to the hits Jimmy Donnelly taught us and he had a rubbish bin full of canes,he taped the ends when you got canes it was across the fingertips,many years where she's in that back hut.Bo no McCarty gonagle , mr,George Kelly  (D OD)
We moved to last classroom den corridor
We just had english,maths,spelling,essays,sums homework
I attended 1949' to 1959,I was an altar boy.
Can't find photographs of the school.