Author Topic: St Tereasa's primary school 1958-1968  (Read 33375 times)

bhelena

Re: St Tereasa's primary school 1958-1968
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »
bhelena,  a correction for my last email, the name of my next door neighbours was cullen not collins.   i know how to scan to my computer but how do post it to this page? sixtyniner
sorry it has taking so long to reply I dont remember that name but its great that you can scan I dont know anything about scanning I can only take photos of the page and put them in my files I am hoping my daughter will get the time to show me .

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 10:16:51 PM »
hi bhelena, nice to hear from you again.  my sister has not gotten back to me on the a 11's  she's a bit computer shy too.   was talking to my x, he's the one who told me about belfast forum, he went on the site and saw pictures of himself in an old school photo.   sixtyniner
sixtyniner

bhelena

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
hi bhelena, nice to hear from you again.  my sister has not gotten back to me on the a 11's  she's a bit computer shy too.   was talking to my x, he's the one who told me about belfast forum, he went on the site and saw pictures of himself in an old school photo.   sixtyniner
that must have been a shock for him its amazing what and eho turns up on the forum I found a cousin and a few old friends from childhood....

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 07:09:19 AM »
bhelena, my mother came from a big family, it must be that water thing again, ::) ;D so i had cousins coming out my ear ;D but don't know where any are today.   one i use to chum it with lived in ballymurphy, hear  that ballymurphygirl ;D that was a large family, here we go again  ::)  their names were neeson, so we'll leave it at that. sixtyniner
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »
welcome jake, did'nt go to st teresa's school but you sound around my age ;D  my sister did but she's a wee bit younger than you ;)  ;) i do remember the scrap yard on andersonstown rd because i lived on the glen rd and we use to take walks up that way, nothing much to do on sundays when everything was closed, eh.  sixtyniner
sixtyniner

bhelena

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »
bhelena, my mother came from a big family, it must be that water thing again, ::) ;D so i had cousins coming out my ear ;D but don't know where any are today.   one i use to chum it with lived in ballymurphy, hear  that ballymurphygirl ;D that was a large family, here we go again  ::)  their names were neeson, so we'll leave it at that. sixtyniner
anything to Liam ;D

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
he was my cousin along with  tons of brothers and sisters ;D ;D  i use to chum it with pasty but then we just stopped, can't even think of a reason why.  i also had cousins called brady who lived in bmurphy, i know, they are all over the place. ;D ;D ;D   how did you know liam? ??? ???sixtyniner
sixtyniner

jake

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2008, 05:11:32 PM »
Hi sixty-niner,I remember Tanney,s ,Clarke,s ,Blaney,s, shops and Farrell at Arizona Street,Henry McIlhone lived on Glen Road beside Glen Parade,Billy McCullough lived at Norfolk Gardens,Brian Shevlin ,Gransha Park.Master Kelly lived facing Mc Erlean,s shops.Bonzo McGonagle at Gransha Park.Lads in my classes were Laurence Finnegan,Frankie Denny,Emmanuel Young,Patsy McGrogan,John Carson,Paddy Joe McKeown,Paddy Doherty,Peter Corscadden,Jim Crawford,Gerard McIlroy,Denis .Delargy I remember Master Gerry Sadler took us for gaelic football and hurley.Do you rember O.Hanlon,s garage on Andersonstown Road,they were the first we had seen of the Volkswagon Beetle, as Fr.Shaun McClafferty bought one.They were the days so long for now Jake

isobel dunlop

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2008, 05:45:56 PM »
Hi sixtyniner, just looking through the forum, and came across your posts. I think i know you and your sisters, Bridie , Eileen, and Marion, and the late George RIP. I also knew your mum, Marion lived in Bosnia St at one time, let me know if i'm on the right track.
Izzy

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
IZZY, sure are on the right track, wow 8) 8)  they are my sisters. how did you know my mom, she died a long time ago in canada when out visiting me :( :(  have you  kept in touch with any of my sisters?  sixtyniner
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:52 PM »
izzy, just an added thought.   :idiot2: would you be "big isobell" our marion chummed it with? sixtyniner
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:12 PM »
hi jake,  i can almost see all the shops.  we lived almost facing clarks where we did most of our shopping.   i remember tanneys but was that the wee shop that sat on it's own. :-\  if you remember those shops you might remember the white cottages where i lived?.   do you remember the mountain lonely?  sixtyniner
sixtyniner

jake

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »
Hi All Ex-St.Teresa,s pupils,I remember John,Matt,Mary Brown , Patsy,Jim,Walter Gallagher from Commedagh Drive,Felix McGeough ,Shanlieve Road,John  McNama,Riverdale  cottages.Jim O,Connor ,Troasten Way,Jim McNally,Pat McLarnon,Slemish Way.Margaret Dougan,Ken Gillespie,Bearnagh Drive,Margaret McComiskeyMargaret,Teresa Wilson,Maura,Nuala Boyle,Hilary,Gemma,Sean,Laurence  Finnegan,Eamon,Brian,Fred,Peter,Pat Smith,Margaret,Billy Vernon,David Liddell,Robin,Billy,Winifred,Joe McCloskey,Joey ,Jim Brennan,Junior McGrogan,Glennon,Connolly,Harry,Florence Barrington from St.Meryl Park and Andersonstown.Did any of you guys get sent to Owney Muldoon,s barbers beside Glen Parade for your short back and sides and a few nicks thrown in for  good measure ,no extra charge.One thing about then ,the girls were real and did not need loads of make-up and they could sure as hell, they could dance.They are surelly missed.Cheers for now.Jake

jake

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »
Hi Sixty-niner, I remember the white cottages and Turf Loney,do you ever remember the bonfires on 15 August and Halloween down in the field between St.Meryl Park and Fruithill Park.Did you ever have an Owney Muldoon special short back and sides ,he was at end of Glen Parade beside  the post office up from police station.Do you remember Jim Keenan from Glen Crescent,his father had all the paper rounds.also Leo and Stephen Delaney lived on the Glen Road just up from the ruc  barrack.Dessie McConkey was the caretaker of St.Teresa,s school.Paddy Larkin was the sacristan of the chapel.The old church beside Turf Loney is now an r.c.chapel.Do you remember Jim Farrell ,he came with his family to live with his grandparents at the shop at the corner of Arizona Street.We used to take the short-cut across Turf Loney to the Falls Park.Do you remember the old quarry up off the upper Springfield Road and across towards the TV.masts the Hatchet Field.Do you recall Danny Hill from the Glen Road who survived the plane crash at Nutts Corner airport in the 1950s

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »
hi jake,  your memory is much better than mine :idiot2:  i can remember those places by name but for the life of me can't remember where they were.  i remember as kids we use to go up the mountain loney  and dared each other to jump  the river from one side to the other, there was not much water in the river.  i still have a scar on my leg, it should have had stiches ::)  do you remember colin glen?.   that was a very long walk on a sunday when you are young. ;D  sixtyniner
sixtyniner