Author Topic: boomer street  (Read 257443 times)

bhelena

boomer street
« on: June 15, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
Does anyone care to share some of their memories from boomer street?

My fondest memory would have to be playing on the steps as a child

Liz51

Re: boomer street
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »
I REMEMBER BOOMER ST WELL I DID NOT LIVE THER MY MOTHER HAD SOME FRIENDS THERE , REMEMBER PLAYING ON THE STEPS , DID YOU KNOW THE KANES I=THEY LIVED DIVIS STREET THE MOTHER WAS CALLED MARY

arkie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »
IT WAS USED IN A SCENE THE FILM ODD MAN OUT.

Marley

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »
hi im new to this please bear with me my grandfather came from boomer st i think we all have fond memories of the steps  :)

bhelena

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
hi im new to this please bear with me my grandfather came from boomer st i think we all have fond memories of the steps  :)
[hh/quote  hi marley i remember marleys in boomer st and up andersonstown back in the 60s are they the ones your talking sorry it took me so long to reply i am new to thisjavascript:replaceText(' ::)', document.forms.postmodify.message);
Roll Eyes

bhelena

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
I REMEMBER BOOMER ST WELL I DID NOT LIVE THER MY MOTHER HAD SOME FRIENDS THERE , REMEMBER PLAYING ON THE STEPS , DID YOU KNOW THE KANES I=THEY LIVED DIVIS STREET THE MOTHER WAS CALLED MARY
  hi rathbone i am all over the place on this thing and slowly getting in to it i left boomer st as a very young girl but my aunts uncles were there untill the end we went to andersonstown but still spent alot of time down in boomer st andersonstown was like the country then...

Liz51

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
hi bhelena i am new as well just take your time , dont you think it is great having this forum so we can all have a chat . pity we are not all down the arkel having a good drink i loved the loney & anything to do with the divis, & falls road boomer st was lovely had some lovely memorys there cannot think of the names of my ma:s friends i know there was 2 familys lived in in a lot of them houses . i am of to scotland tomorrow for the weekend to see our we grandaughter hannah, have allso got a granson archie speak soon

bhelena

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
hi bhelena i am new as well just take your time , dont you think it is great having this forum so we can all have a chat . pity we are not all down the arkel having a good drink i loved the loney & anything to do with the divis, & falls road boomer st was lovely had some lovely memorys there cannot think of the names of my ma:s friends i know there was 2 familys lived in in a lot of them houses . i am of to scotland tomorrow for the weekend to see our we grandaughter hannah, have allso got a granson archie speak soon
thankyou for your reply enjoy bonnie scotland i am off to las vegas and san francisco frist week in september are you too..young to remember the gladstone pub i bearly remember it smile. .. have a good time

desi

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
hello bhelena,knocked about them wee streets when we moved into the flats,play football in bath placce,was in the same class in saint brendans as benny marley i know he lived in boomer st.the gladstone bar at the corner of gilford st and divis,it had a talking parott strange sight in a bar,lots of memories these sites are great,good luck desi.
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

bhelena

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
hello bhelena,knocked about them wee streets when we moved into the flats,play football in bath placce,was in the same class in saint brendans as benny marley i know he lived in boomer st.the gladstone bar at the corner of gilford st and divis,it had a talking parott strange sight in a bar,lots of memories these sites are great,good luck desi.
hi desi do you remember dr gibsons and up afew doors i think was a wee shop called mc kennas it sold clothes.

desi

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »
hello again bhelena,remember some of the wee shops in my mind,but cant put names to them,i remember billy,s wee shop his wife had very sore looking eyes.i always thought that she was blind at one time and got her sight back,very pleasant woman.drank in the wee bar at the end of boundary st not sure if it was called nolans or dolans,and the one up from boomer st corner bath place,i think it was called smyths.funny the way men can remember the names of bars but not shops ;D :D

seosamh

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
desi do you remember what the parrot used to say :o

desi

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »
seo would it be are you a curley get the [censored] out :2funny: :2funny: :knuppel2:

desi

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »
sorry seo could not resist that one,still friends :-[ have not got a clue seo too busy throwning squibs in :D

seosamh

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
actually get the [censored] out ;D ;D