Author Topic: boomer street  (Read 257432 times)

desi

Re: boomer street
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »
so seo everybody is logging on here what did the parott say :o
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

bhelena

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
hi im new to this please bear with me my grandfather came from boomer st i think we all have fond memories of the steps  :)
hi marley iam amazed at how many people remember boomer st  have you seen the photo of the street and there is two women standing at the door do tou have any idea who they are i think i know but i am not sure. i did know the marleys i was in their house as a child and also  up in andersonstown that was along time ago...

bhelena

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 12:09:52 AM »
IT WAS USED IN A SCENE THE FILM ODD MAN OUT.
hi arkie i knew the steps was used in the film we have tried to get it but no one has it.

bhelena

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »
hello again bhelena,remember some of the wee shops in my mind,but cant put names to them,i remember billy,s wee shop his wife had very sore looking eyes.i always thought that she was blind at one time and got her sight back,very pleasant woman.drank in the wee bar at the end of boundary st not sure if it was called nolans or dolans,and the one up from boomer st corner bath place,i think it was called smyths.funny the way men can remember the names of bars but not shops ;D :D
it was dolans bar i wonder do you remember the gladstone bar.

desi

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
hello bhelena,knew the gladstone well just over from the scouts hall,never drank in it,sold papers in it,im still waiting for seos to tell me what the parott said :idiot2:

bhelena

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
hello bhelena,knew the gladstone well just over from the scouts hall,never drank in it,sold papers in it,im still waiting for seos to tell me what the parott said :idiot2:
i was never in the gladstone i just remember my walking me past it when the weather was was good we  would up to the clonard picture house to get the bus up to the glen rd i hated the walk we could have got the bus facing raffoes but it was cheaper from the clonard.

desi

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
when your young bhelena everything seems so far away,i remember going up to casement park when i was a kid ,i thought we were in the country,when i left saint mary,s to go up the glen to my new school i asked my mum to get me out of it,was too far away,she got me and my brother into saint brendans,funny thing now most of us live up the road :idiot2:

bhelena

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
/quote]when we first moved to the glen rd the bus only went to casement park we had to walk through andersonstown it was awful in the winter we were in belfast last week for a christening and could not get over hannistown the hill is gone i hate things changing. .

desi

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
everything changes bhelena,i would not live down the road now,dont get me wrong i love the falls,i loved the pound loney when i was a kid but it,s all gone,i told my kids first now im telling my grand children as they ask me what was it like in the olden days,christ we are getting old.i think its worse for somebody who has been away for a lot of years,i love coming on the forum the nostalgia its great,i was in contact with a cousin on the forum,would you believe i have never met him ,this is a wee bit of history we are putting down just by talking on the forum,and to think a lot of months ago i did not know what a computer looked like :idiot2:my son who lives in america give it to me to keep in contact.all the best desi

bhelena

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »
desi i am sending this address to my family in the u s a they will enjoy it my two kids  to did you have this and that in the olden days andi tell them they were the days to be young as it was us that started the revelotion ha ha.not sure about the spelling.

seosamh

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
as far as i remember desi when you ran through the bar and out gilford st the parrot shouted [censored] off

desi

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
so i was right that parott had you sused out ;D ;D

seosamh

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 09:04:57 PM »
very good desi  ;D ;D here desi do you remember a guy who knocked about with desy downey and dominic o'reilly in the christys school not sure of his name might have been felix or Phoenix

desi

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
cant say i do seo that name does not ring a bell sorry :(

seosamh

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
doing my head in trying to figure his name out he went to the christy's ok then went up to the glen rd when you all changed school he left it and came up to barny and knocked about with all the falls ones. must ask desy when i see him. thanks desi. ps why do you all spell your name different