Author Topic: boomer street  (Read 249656 times)

desi

Re: boomer street
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 09:38:01 PM »
would you believe seo i spelt mine that way after desi arnaz,remember i love lucy it easier anyway,all the rest are after a horse second name orchard :2funny: :idiot2:
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

seosamh

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
ha! ha!very good desi funny desy downey thought he was elvis back then too jezzzzzzzzzzzz is it that long, you must have grey hair now desi, i know i have ;D ;D i got it cut to day what's left of it

desi

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 08:40:12 PM »
gone grey a lotta years ago,funny thing still  got plenty of hair,met a guy a few years ago i whet to school with him,he said god desi you have gone very grey,same guy had not got a hair on his head,what doyou say :idiot2:last time i saw desy downey seo he was cutting grass round by the old credit union in andytown O0

seosamh

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
he drives a lorry for the rvh in there along time now desi

desi

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
seo meant to say to you was talking to guy on rushlight guestbook,says he knows you,check it out O0

seosamh

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »
thanks desi O0

Marley

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
hi bhelena sorry for not coming back to you benny marley and my mum are full cousins :)

Marley

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »
hi bhelena some names for you re ladies in boomer st may kennedy or the mclaughins my mum gave me these names  :)

maryde

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 04:06:06 PM »

Hi everybody, My grandmothers family lived in Boomer Street, they were called McKeown does anyone know of them. She was Margaret and I believe she had 2 sisters Lily and Anna and two brothers Francis and Willie John. If anyone can remember them or has any info I would be eternally grateful.
 :)
Not Old... just Older

bhelena

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
Hi everybody, My grandmothers family lived in Boomer Street, they were called McKeown does anyone know of them. She was Margaret and I believe she had 2 sisters Lily and Anna and two brothers Francis and Willie John. If anyone can remember them or has any info I would be eternally grateful.
 :)

my aunt sarah and uncle billy lived next door their children billy mary and lena mckeown other members of my family lived there untill they pulled it down i dont remember the people you mention but i know a little about my cousins.

casperdan

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
I remember knocking about Boomer St with Thomas Marley and others. My granny lived in Campbells Row around the corner and some of the names I remember are Armstrongs, Mc Keowns, Mc Laughlins, Sullivans, Mc Donnells and two families of Marleys, I believe they were cousins, and Duffys.
My grandfather and uncle both worked in the Gladstone bar and I remember the parrot well. It learned to talk from an old woman who sat in the snug and she had the mouth of a trooper so the parrot picked up on this and hence the foul language it spouted.

bhelena

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
I remember knocking about Boomer St with Thomas Marley and others. My granny lived in Campbells Row around the corner and some of the names I remember are Armstrongs, Mc Keowns, Mc Laughlins, Sullivans, Mc Donnells and two families of Marleys, I believe they were cousins, and Duffys.
My grandfather and uncle both worked in the Gladstone bar and I remember the parrot well. It learned to talk from an old woman who sat in the snug and she had the mouth of a trooper so the parrot picked up on this and hence the foul language it spouted.
i remember the evans on campbells row  

maryde

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »

Thanks for your reply Bhelena, I know that My Grandmothers brother Willie John lived there in the 70's as we were taken up there to visit and he died in the early 1980's. Francis I believe went to England and died there, but as to the girls I have no info on them at all.
Not Old... just Older

bhelena

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »
i am related to the mc laughlins mc keowns and the sullivans lived in the same house as mc laughlins or should i say hallway  you say your granny lived in campbells row i used to play with margaret evans did you know them. ...

desi

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »
hello bhelena,not sure if it,s you are maryde check out photo on pound loney thread page 54 a lena mc keown i know one of you,s is related.