Author Topic: Rums from the Antipodes  (Read 1305 times)

BigAgiesMan

Rums from the Antipodes
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
Knowing how much I enjoy rum, my son and heir has just given me a couple of bottles of rum from the Australia to add to my collection. One is a Bundaberg and the other is an Inner Circle Green Spot  O0. Any of you folk who admit to being resident over there  8) care to tell me more about them  O0. The Inner Circle could very soon be added to ' my favourites' 8) ::) :o

giannineo

Re: Rums from the Antipodes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
g'day Bam, the convict ships had Inner Circle which sailors exchanged for favours from prisoners on theIr way to Van Deman's Land....it is also known as "R.B.B."...RUM, ***, AND BACCY ;D ;D

sj

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:06:30 AM »
Knowing how much I enjoy rum, my son and heir has just given me a couple of bottles of rum from the Australia to add to my collection. One is a Bundaberg and the other is an Inner Circle Green Spot  O0. Any of you folk who admit to being resident over there  8) care to tell me more about them  O0. The Inner Circle could very soon be added to ' my favourites' 8) ::) :o

Hello B.A.M. 

The Oz basic rum is inclined to be of quite a strong taste and a bit like the Barbados rums that are also made from sugar cane.However there are some little gems of beer and spirit.   The wine is premium quality.
I only drink rum for medicinal purposes and have never heard of the Inner circle rum.( our selection here in this remote area is limited)..however the Bundaberg is recommended by the medical profession here as a health drink of purity and sheer  goodness. People who drink Bundaberg rum have never been known to catch scurvey and regularly live to 100. O0
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sj

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »
Should have said...the Bundaberg rum was produced by the local Bundaberg sugar company which was a cooperative of local sugarcane farmers until a few years ago and is produced outside Bundaberg just North of Brisbane ,  Unfortunately Tate & Lyle threw a lot of money at the local farmers about 6 years ago and now own a very good company that also produces a brewed ginger beer that is made from real ginger and sugar cane. .delightful.

feejeeks

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:20:47 AM »
I live in Sydney[ex Falls and Murph].One of my Aussie mates is a big rum man,I was in the Philippines recently and got him a bottle of local rum called Tanduay.He reckoned it was one of the best he,s ever tasted.Cost me [over the counter not duty free] 70 pesos,about $1.80,less than 90p

Mageeka

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:16:19 AM »
I was given a large bottle of Bundaberg and did not like it at all   I still have it with only one shot missing

sj

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 04:25:26 AM »
I was given a large bottle of Bundaberg and did not like it at all   I still have it with only one shot missing

iT'S A AQUIRED TASTE...i FIND IT VERY SWEET BUT IT IS MADE FROM PURE CANE SUGAR.OOpps. .I am not fond of it but would take it off your hands...people here would kill for it.....in exchange for a bottle of Chinese vodka.( unopened) and a free glass.

Mageeka

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 05:13:49 AM »
iT'S A AQUIRED TASTE...i FIND IT VERY SWEET BUT IT IS MADE FROM PURE CANE SUGAR.OOpps. .I am not fond of it but would take it off your hands...people here would kill for it.....in exchange for a bottle of Chinese vodka.( unopened) and a free glass.

This is a really large bottle.  I would say close to a half gallon in U S measure  As far as I am concerned you can have it for a bottle of diet coke. 8)

sj

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »
This is a really large bottle.  I would say close to a half gallon in U S measure  As far as I am concerned you can have it for a bottle of diet coke. 8)

I have just poured the contents of a bottle of diet coke into a post bag. .careful how you open it.....might be able to call with you in 2010 and collect the bottle. O0 ;D :D.

Belle Fast

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 10:06:31 AM »
bundy & coke,  boke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!