Author Topic: crumlin road area  (Read 136964 times)

carroll brennan

Re: crumlin road area
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
hello carrol yes indeed i knew your granny &your dad jimmy his brother george ,sisters mary etc , my friend way back around 1954/5 had a wee crush on your dad lolhope you dont mind me mentioned that but i was the go-between    ::) he was a lovely young  man ,i believe at that time he was a sheet metal worker he was also the most polite &considerate young man he was always well dressed smartly turned out i must say great to have a chat with you ,

what a lovely thing to say, i always thought he was quite a hunk in his youth. :)  I never remember him saying about being a metal worker i always thought he went straight into the army when he left school. he always liked to be well turned out when ever he went out for an evening, always wore a shirt and tie.

My aunt annie and uncle hewey lived just down the street from my dad.

would be interested in any memories you have of my granny.

DOFFER

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 01:29:35 PM »
what a lovely thing to say, i always thought he was quite a hunk in his youth. :)  I never remember him saying about being a metal worker i always thought he went straight into the army when he left school. he always liked to be well turned out when ever he went out for an evening, always wore a shirt and tie.

My aunt annie and uncle hewey lived just down the street from my dad.

would be interested in any memories you have of my granny.

mail on the way carroll 
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

Gerri

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
Sorry I never spotted this thread and just put 2 pics on old photos of the crumlin road

cazza

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 02:08:16 PM »
i was married in st marys 1973 , born in pernau st ,and reared in danube st ,all gone now  >:(

cazza

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
i know what [censored] street was called , lol had some good friends lived there!!

DOFFER

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 02:13:39 PM »
i was married in st marys 1973 , born in pernau st ,and reared in danube st ,all gone now  >:(

hi caz my grannie &old family lived in danube st  named Rankin NEXT DOOR TO THE BOOKIES  LOL I DID NOT KNOW DANUBE ST WAS GONE HOW SAD  :(
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

honestmay

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 10:54:24 PM »
i lived of the crumlin .very good photos and yes they bring memories back i attended st marys church and was also married there . ;D     think i remember what harrison st used 2 be called  ::)

DOFFER

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »
HONEST MAY I THINK EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT HARRISON STREET ,I BELIEVE ITS NOW NAMES HARRISON PARADE LOL CAN I ASK WHERE ON THE CRUMLIN YOU COME FROM ?

honestmay

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
 doffer i came frome palmer st   had family in tennent st   think every one knows ,wat harrison st was once called  :) :)

honestmay

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 01:56:17 AM »
hi again doffer  u might know my family, they all lived in tennent street   my grandparents lived beside the then band hall  after they died my uncle willie looked after it   [irvine] was the name ,we had some great times there there was also some sore of /club in langely street we had many a good xmas party in .,,cant recall the name of it  we senior moment , i also worked in ewarts mill i worked in the shed for a few weeks ,,hated it [jimmy renolds ]was foreman then moved to no 1 were [billy clark ]was foreman love that room ,oh heavens those were the days ,better go now or i be here next week lol

harrydunn

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 11:38:15 PM »
Hi Honestmay That was the Prison Officers Hall in Langley St i went to many Xmas parties in it always got great presents.

honestmay

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2008, 09:22:34 PM »
harrydunn ta for the reminder ,of the club name ,my brother was also able to tell me ,yes there was some brill presents at it it was highlight of our year ,harry r u from round there .

harrydunn

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »
Honestmay From Brussels St off Carnan St Shankill Rd.

glenb

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »
Before the troubles my mother would occasionally have her hair done in Tennent st. The hairdressers was on the left hand side walking from the Crumlin road, not too far down, I used to have to wait on her, it was terrible. Loads of women under those hair dryer things that covered their hair. We also used to shop in the lower half of the Shankill like a lot of Ardoyne people, it was a bustling place, it's very barren today.

Also, remember the library on the corner of Century st and the Oldpark...loved that library

robertc1

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »
Before the troubles my mother would occasionally have her hair done in Tennent st. The hairdressers was on the left hand side walking from the Crumlin road, not too far down, I used to have to wait on her, it was terrible. Loads of women under those hair dryer things that covered their hair. We also used to shop in the lower half of the Shankill like a lot of Ardoyne people, it was a bustling place, it's very barren today.

Also, remember the library on the corner of Century st and the Oldpark...loved that library

I used to get my dads books on war for him from that library O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy