Author Topic: crumlin road area  (Read 120969 times)

Lizzy85

Re: crumlin road area
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2019, 04:31:47 PM »
Hi, does anyone knw anything at all about my family from the crumlin rd area, possibly avoca st?
Their name was mcclean, my grandfather was thomas cecil mcclean and my granny was called lillian. They had several kids, mostly girls but 2 boys that i can remember.
Alan,cecil,ann,barbara,muriel, lillian and some i dont remember.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Iím Marion these are my parents if you want any info donít hesitate to get back to me thanks

Lizzy85

« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »
Hi this is my granny and granda you are talking about. And my aunts and uncles. If you would like to know more please contact

luvitol

« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »
My grandparentslived in Avoca streetwhich was offthe Oldpark road not crumlin road
Theywere killed in 1941 when a bomb was dropped on their home.
Eventually, my familyended up in Danube street off the Crumlin road.
Would be happy togiveyou more info.

Lizzy85

« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2019, 09:31:41 PM »
Iím a McClean and I lived in fairfax court of the crumlin road

Liz5748

« Reply #364 on: March 21, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
Hi! My mum used to work at Ewarts Mill. I think she done the spinning. Her name was Margaret Stone (Maggie). She would have worked there around 50ís

AndyF2356

« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2019, 09:42:02 PM »
Oh dear that did'nt work :D   I tried to enlarge pic of 3 couples from Ewarts at my wedding.  If anyone can help I have already named them above but you can hardly see them ??? Sorry about that

Hi Patsy-Ann Tom Rainey was my grandfather and his brother who was at your award night was Clifford Rainey who worked at Shorts.

Hmag

« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »
My great uncle John Leonard owned a newsagent tobacconist on Crumlin Road, just above Saint Maryís Church and opposite Wiltons Funeral parlour. If you worked in either Ewarts or Flax Street Mills you probably bought your ciggies, snuff and papers there before starting work.

White dee

« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
My great uncle John Leonard owned a newsagent tobacconist on Crumlin Road, just above Saint Maryís Church and opposite Wiltons Funeral parlour. If you worked in either Ewarts or Flax Street Mills you probably bought your ciggies, snuff and papers there before starting work.

I was in that Shop a few times, now my memory might be playing tricks on me but,
Was the Fruit and Vegetable shop close to that shop called Reeds ??

Thursday Aug 1 st @ 9:53 pm

Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.