Author Topic: nutts corner  (Read 9574 times)

madonnarut

nutts corner
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »
hi i was wondering (not bein from belfast and haven't been in 2/3 years) if anyone wud be able to give me abit more info about nutts corner market, ie times and dates that its on, is it really good for a bargain? can u get a buggy round it easily?

I know these may seem like pretty trivial questions but if im gonna hoist the kids in the car and listen to them argue over who has the most arm space then i'd like to know a wee bit about it first. Btw im not a real stick in the mud, i do remember my parents taking us there several times from Omagh and we were always happy campers on the way home ;D but that was a rite while ago and sometimes my memory isn't as precise as i thot.

cos

Re: nutts corner
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »
Hi Madonna,I go up to Nutts corner market every Sunday in life.Its basically only a sunday market and the best time to go is between 11 am and 2.00pm.Be sure to wear warm clothes as the wind up there would cut you in two its so wide open and exposed.there are some second hand stalls but mostly new junk, like mobile phones,cheap cd`s and dvd`s ,food,cheap clothing and farm produce.Hope this helps.Cos

cos

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:31:45 PM »
I forgot to say there is loads of free parking and its okay for a buggy push if you go before 1.00 pm when it gets really crowded .

madonnarut

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:25:05 PM »
thanks for gettin so much info in one fell swoop Cos, there must be something good about it if you keep goin back  ;) u dont happen to know if they sell and mini motos, quads etc? im lookin out for a cheap quad for my wee girl whos santa letter just keeps growin ::) anyway thanks for the quick response

cos

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:39 PM »
Yes madonna I did see some mini motos recently for sale up there.Hope you get all you need.Just dont go on a very wet day as half the sellers dont turn up.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:22:13 AM »
i sold 2 microwaves there for 20

Keith Campbell

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:49:41 PM »
Be careful what you buy at Nutts Corner its a dumping ground for stolen and fake gear.
today started like any other but then ..........

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 08:06:49 PM »
The PSNI are very good at loading such gear into large bags :D
You might not see the person who ran that stall for a week or two :D

KirkOneill101

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 09:25:13 PM »
can some one telll me where the bb stall is ?? :D

lilylou

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »
It's not what it use to be .We would have a good few hours going around the market but now you can do it in an hour, easy.The BB guns are on the left ,2 stalls up ,third row  ;) :D :D

carbolicsoap

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 10:30:34 PM »
It's not what it use to be .We would have a good few hours going around the market but now you can do it in an hour, easy.

I prefer the car boot sale on the Crumlin Road.....there is a few gems amongst the rubbish.

lilylou

• Account Closed
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »

I prefer the car boot sale on the Crumlin Road.....there is a few gems amongst the rubbish.

You would enjoy Blockend in Glasgow ,large car boot with an indoor market and I'm going on Sunday .They used to do trips over from Belfast to it .I'll take a few pictures ,just to show the size of it.The only thing with the scotch is they want it as cheap as they can get it.I always give what I think is fair even if it's more than they are asking for .Great bargains to be had.  :smile: :girl_blum:

floral

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »

Same here carbolic I love the car boot on the Crumlin Road have not been go Nutts Corner for years. Have a good weekend.