Author Topic: Films made in Belfast  (Read 8649 times)

Christopher

Films made in Belfast
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »
Apocolypse (not) Now ... Scenes were shot at the Ormeau Park and Dundonald Ice Bowl http://www.youtube.com/peacedaycampaign

Veronica

Re: Films made in Belfast
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:21:43 AM »
Apocolypse (not) Now ... Scenes were shot at the Ormeau Park and Dundonald Ice Bowl http://www.youtube.com/peacedaycampaign
When was that filmed ???
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetari

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:16:12 AM »
When was that filmed ???

March 2008 is mentioned on the video

Veronica

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:26:05 AM »
March 2008 is mentioned on the video
it was taking to long for the video to load... :D
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetari

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »
A Day In The Life Of A Young Person In Belfast was made in the city in 2005 www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_TF2FeKZ8&feature=related

Frank

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
An Everlasting Piece
Theres only one cure for home sickness

Kraffy

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
Apart from 'Odd Man Out' in 1947, I remember 'Jacqueline; 1957 with John Gregson as an out of work
shipyard worker.

McNamee

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »
Closing the Ring.  About the Airplane that crashed into Cavehill

bhelena

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »
Closing the Ring.  About the Airplane that crashed into Cavehill

I thought the story of the ring being returned was lovely I remember it being on the news sometime ago...

McNamee

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 04:11:32 PM »
Yes it was I enjoyed it myself. ;)

Gerard Mcg

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
Northern Ireland is currently the location of choice for many movie-makers, thanks to its tax relief incentives, funding, scenic backdrops and talented crews.

In recent years a number of major films and television dramas have been shot in Northern Ireland, bringing big name stars like Tim Robbins, Bill Murray, Tom Hanks, Pete Postlethwaite, Sir Richard Attenborough, Heather Graham, Shirley MacLaine, Liam Neeson, James Nesbitt, Sir Ben Kingsley and Saoirse Ronan to the province.

Several of the feature films and dramas shot here have gone on to win awards, including Steve McQueen’s Hunger and Five Minutes of Heaven, which showed on BBC2 earlier this week.

Movies which have have been filmed here recently include:

Small Island

Cherrybomb

Hunger

Shelter

Fifty Dead Men Walking

Pumpgirl

City of Ember

Closing The Ring

Kings

Buy, Borrow, Steal

Freak Dogs

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/major-hollywood-movie-to-be-shot-in-belfast-14266004.html#ixzz0OjjJhwUr

AL CAPONE

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 05:00:53 PM »
Debbie does Falls rd 2 ;)

Erincyprus

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:51:43 PM »
I once saw a wee film called "Wing Nut" or was it a wee Drama???  Anyway it was about a young Boy and Girl one from each side of the Community and to cut a long story Short.

He gets her Pregnant and it is all about the Fueding of the two Families with these two Kids in the Middle.

Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

justluvbeingme

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »
there was a film named "shamus" with parts of it filmed in belfast,  it was about a little boy from an orphanage who ran away, he caught a leprechaun and got his pot of gold,  he then grew a tail. i remember the film being made in clonard area,  i watched part of it being filmed in leoville, oranmore st entry where seamus is being chased by a crowd of children and knocks over a rag man with his cart, i finally got the film from a clonard fella named butler, he got me a dvd of it, and i am in the film where i remember watching, i am about 7 years old and have a big giant bow in my hair, i only appear for a minute, but my grandaughter tells everyone her granny is a film star. the film was made about  1954. does anyone remember his film.?  all the kids doing the chase were from clonard,

Paul.W

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »
what about  Man About Dog, made in Ardoyne and the one about 2 kids from each divide running away I can not rember the name it went like ???? and me. and I think City of Ember made in Belfast. Ah just remembered
Mickey Bow and Me.