Author Topic: the jig coates street  (Read 1153 times)

peejay

the jig coates street
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
in all my years i have yet to meet a woman to admit to going to the jig,yes the plaza,dossers,the paradise and even the tudor hall but never the jig. surely not all those i danced with were suspect. :)

arkie

Re: the jig coates street
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
PEEJAY, THEY WERE ALL IN THE GOLDEN ROOM, SINGING  I,LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS.  OR ELSE IN THE MAIN STUDIO, SINGING GOODNIGHT SWEETHEART. ;)

bozo

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:31 AM »
 :) Oh I did and proud they where the best jivers in the world  :P :P

bozo

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:31:18 AM »
 :D 4 got 2 say many a smack around the legs I got of Sally with her cane

boxer1949

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »
Sarah Mc mahon was her name frank never said a word she was the boss had a batton on her any trouble she would have used it.My brother was on the queen mary (boat) in the 50s told me she went to New York every year he look after her got a 5 tip from her when it dock better still when i went to the jig she took me for him got in for nothing. Same as the Astor they owned that to.The jig always got a bad name fights all that some great memories of the jig last time i was in it 1969 went ulster boxing team beat the paratroopers 10 nil they took the jig over station  there

DOFFER

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
i went to the jig a few times in the 50s  great it was too loved the jiving &music
i heard for the first time in the jig the lovely peggy lee  ,s mr wonderful whilst i danced with a lovely lad from  he holy land ,  cant recall his name but he was very good lookig a young burt lancaster lol, i think i must at that time been the only  prod to go there , but did not bother me one wee bit i just loved dancing , i went with my friend marie from york st ,
great old days to look back on ,
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'