Author Topic: McCallum  (Read 1495 times)

geordie2

McCallum
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »
Does anyone know of a Jack/John McCallum married Caroline Graham in Belfast around 1920s, she was my mother Annie Kirkwoods sister. As far as I know they had a son Graham, and John and a daughter Maureen. They lived as far as I know in Vancouver. The sons would probably be about my age 79 but not to sure. Any information would be great as the younger end of the families are more interested in geeology today, they want to find cousins wherever they live.

mrs mourinho

Re: McCallum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:37:51 PM »
i remember a wee shop in snugville street,owned by a woman called annie kirkwood
she had a daughter called maureen who was disabled any relation.... :)
always look on the bright side of life

geordie2

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:09:49 AM »
The shop was actually owed by Annies brother Sammy Kirkwood who was my das cousin he also owned a chip shop on the Shankill Rd, I think it was The Eagle.

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »

One of my aunts married a Bobby McCallum from around Argyle St or Canmore St (well in that area  ::) ).

I remember the Eagle chippy ....wasn't it originally on the corner of the road and Spier's Place?
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

weeman

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
I was in Peterborough Ontario Canada last week end and was thinking about Bobby . I think he moved there before I immigrated to Montreal in 1968. with my late wife who lived next door to Snoddy's and knw all the Chords as does my sister who worked in Gallahers.
Is Bobby still around?

rocky1

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:10:11 PM »
Remember the Eagle back in the 70s. Great fish and chips. Always called in on my way home to Cape st on the Falls.

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »
I was in Peterborough Ontario Canada last week end and was thinking about Bobby . I think he moved there before I immigrated to Montreal in 1968. with my late wife who lived next door to Snoddy's and knw all the Chords as does my sister who worked in Gallahers.
Is Bobby still around?

Hi weeman
Have just replied to your PM. Regarding Gallahers your sister probably worked with my aunt Molly (passed away in 2007). Bobby died in 1994.
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

headtheball

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 12:06:20 AM »
I knew a guy called mccallum and his Da;s name was Graham his Grannie lived on a street that ran up towards the Woodvale.
The person who never made a mistake has  never made anything

geordie2

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »
hi headtheball, i dont think that would be the same mccallums