Author Topic: Celebrity Club Royal Ave  (Read 7278 times)

Erincyprus

Celebrity Club Royal Ave
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »
Any past members out there????
God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

teragram

Re: Celebrity Club Royal Ave
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »
Yip,  I was a member, although I don't remember members doing anything different than non members.  I used to go there 1973 til 76 I think.  I used to go to the Bankers club across the road also.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

Mrs Mageean

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »
Any past members out there????

Wasn't a member but spent many a happy night there after a session in the Queen's Bar.

SeanP

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »
Me too, and the Bankers as well, very nice class of ladies in both   :yes: :yes: :yes:

St.Anthony

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 01:08:41 AM »
I wasn't a member but my mates were and we went on average twice a week late 70s to early 80s.  I attended a presentation in the Celeb for Cliftonville after they won the Irish Cup. Coincidently they are in the Irish Cup Final later today. Drinks all round after we lift the cup. :party: :party: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Burnsy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 05:56:26 AM »
I have many fond memories also.

If you then what you know now..!!!!!!!
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

Erincyprus

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »
Maybe we should hire a hall all the Celeb's and the Bankers patrons.  I had some of the best times in both venues.  And yes we the girls were the cream of Belfast even if I do say so myself.  Guys were the best. 

Louie Small did a good job also in the Dunbar Arms and not forgetting the Midnight, Dark and cosy and all good fun.

McNamee

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
Meet my husband in the Celebity Club.  I was also a member of the Bankers Club.  Remember the Bankers Club having a Man only bar.

Louie Small was great and played great music.  I remember they had a table tennis team and they went to play another team one night. Well the other team thought they would be playing a bunch of Celbs, imagine their disappointment when the team arrived and they were just ordinary blokes

teragram

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
We had a family gathering 10 years ago in the National club, and hired Louie Small.  Louie knows how to charge, but he put on a brilliant evening.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

Burnsy

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:14:30 PM »
Louie Small's ex partner in crime lives here in Canada

Hugo Straney

Hugo has his own radio show here and is very welll respected as an entertainer thoughout N. America.

Louie was the D.J. at my wedding many many years ago.
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

old wallion

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »
Maybe we should hire a hall all the Celeb's and the Bankers patrons.  I had some of the best times in both venues.  And yes we the girls were the cream of Belfast even if I do say so myself.  Guys were the best. 

Louie Small did a good job also in the Dunbar Arms and not forgetting the Midnight, Dark and cosy and all good fun.
I went to The Dunbar on a Thursday night. and Louie Small is still spinning his 45s around Glengormley these days. :) :)

Erincyprus

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
Gosh, delighted to hear he is still on the scene  he did a few of my Birthday Bashes years ago.  John Foley was a friend of his and he too went to America I think.

Erin

LOTUSS

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 06:02:48 PM »
I was a member of the celeb club ,and to this day i still have the old plastic membership card.The celeb club was a shining light in the darkness of the trouble s, and the ones who kept going where very brave to be out ,and about ,AND TRYING TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE IN THE ABNORMAILITY OF BELFAST,I PAY TRIBUTE TO YOU ALL.PS The only girl i ever loved i met there,and as my luck would have it, i lost her again.Thanks for the lovely memories celeb club ,and patrons,lotuss

Brenda Westgate

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Hi all I was a member of the celebrity and bankers club. We use to go there with Louis Small after the Dunbar, John Foley went to Aussie but came back to England to find me sadly I didn't go back to A US with him. He died over there very suddenly of a heart attack. Can remember some of the girls who went to the club' Moiria McFarlane, Jackie Cross, Jackie Niblock and Marian Woods would love to hear from them or anyone who went to the Dunbar Arms.

McNamee

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »
I was a member of the celeb club ,and to this day i still have the old plastic membership card.The celeb club was a shining light in the darkness of the trouble s, and the ones who kept going where very brave to be out ,and about ,AND TRYING TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE IN THE ABNORMAILITY OF BELFAST,I PAY TRIBUTE TO YOU ALL.PS The only girl i ever loved i met there,and as my luck would have it, i lost her again.Thanks for the lovely memories celeb club ,and patrons,lotuss

Could have been me Lotus.....lol.......Went there for a few years, I was there the night they planted a bomb in the Stairwell......We all got out through C&As window.....It didn't put us off.............. ;) ;)