Author Topic: ANYONE FROM DUNMORE STREET, CLONARD?  (Read 21745 times)

AL CAPONE

Re: ANYONE FROM DUNMORE STREET, CLONARD?
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2014, 07:46:37 AM »
Yes Lorraine that's the Jock i also know, an oul Peter Pan man too.

Yhani

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
Hi Lorrainep:
Never knew him as "Jock". The Jack Brady I knew moved to England, married and lived in Nottingham. I lost touch with him at that point (I moved to Canada in 1956). If your husband ever sees Jock, perhaps he could enquire if they are one and the same. If it happens that they are, tell him Gerry Millar was asking for him and perhaps I could have Jock's address. Thanks Lorrain.

Regards,

Yhani
If at first you don't succeed, don't take anymore chances

lorrainep

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
yes will do that still a few old neighbours here in clonard  may remember him i will do my best if i hear anything will post good luck lorraine

Yhani

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »
Thanks Lorrain.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take anymore chances

Simon Devlin

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2015, 01:48:57 AM »
Hi Eileen
Welcome to the forum.
I am from Harrogate St and used to knock around with a Micky McParland who lived on the corner of Dunmore St and the Springfield.
I have recollections of a elderly man who lived in Dunmore Street who had about 100 cats we used to buy fishing reels from him??
My Mum used to do homehelp for a lady there will find outher name from her.

Micky Mc

Hello Micky,

You must be talking about Eddie O Hagan, my father used to get fishing rods mended and Eddie also made flies. The inside of his house was legendary and my Da never allowed me to go in LoL

My grandparents RIP lived in number 15 Dunmore Street, Eddie and Lily Clarke. I lived there myself one time in No.3 when I was very young then I lived in 15 when I was 18, now relocated around in Cawnpore Street but it doesn't have the feel and characters of Dunmore Street. Many fond memories of living there.

Many of the original Clonard people still live in Cawnpore including the lovely people Brian O Riordan and Kathleen White. It's great to have them still around.

I took photographs of the alleys and houses around Dunmore Street including when it was demolished so I'll have a look for them and post.

Simon

Simon Devlin

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2015, 02:08:46 AM »
I run about with Ray Slane, Chas Kyles,Seamy O DochertyI also know Sean Brady,The Quinns ,Bradleys and the Great Sean Maguire RIP,

My mother Colette Devlin (nee Clarke) from No.15 told me Sean Maguire used to bring his fiddle out onto the street and played while they did Irish dancing to the music. I have Sean's CD, you can buy it out there somewhere I'm sure.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »
My mother Colette Devlin (nee Clarke) from No.15 told me Sean Maguire used to bring his fiddle out onto the street and played while they did Irish dancing to the music. I have Sean's CD, you can buy it out there somewhere I'm sure.

Legend  :)

GemsG

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2021, 11:49:03 AM »
My gran Rosetta Wisdom was born in 1905 in Dumore St. Her mum I believe was called Ellen.

gismo

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2021, 09:59:07 PM »
i knew most of them went  to st gall they were all there started school 1948 two female teachers miss smith was a bit of a bitch slapping infands the other one was pretty and alot better