Author Topic: Sisters, sisters  (Read 1609 times)

RTB

Sisters, sisters
« on: February 04, 2007, 03:41:21 PM »
I have had possession of this picture for a number of years, it was taken around 1920-1922, they are the daughters of my great Uncle Robert Bailey, not a clue as to the girls names, or who they may have married, but they must be someones grandmother or Great grandmother.  Would love to know who they were and who they married, the only other piece of info I have is that between circa 1911 and 1921 they lived at 13 St Kilda Street, then they moved to 11 Mount Street, Belfast   Their Father died in WWI in 1917. their Mother I beleive was called Annie, but again do not know a maiden name. Any info very much appreciated

Anthony

Re: Sisters, sisters
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:06 PM »
Hi. There was a B,Bailey, Gilder & Framer, at 13 St Kilda St in 1920 info from 1920 Directory.

Anthony

RTB

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »
Hi Anthony

Yes, that was their late Father Robert (Bob) Bailey, he died in WW1 September 1917, so the directory is a little behind, which is understandable. Thank you for the interest. Richard

MelonsMum

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:03:42 PM »
Hi RTB, I'm new to this Forum and you are my first contact!  Could you tell me if Mount Street was the one and same as the one in Greencastle?  Just that my Mothers relatives lived in 11 Mount Street from the 1880 to at least 1940's.  Their name was Green.
Scott, McLean, Crooks, Warnock, Gordon, Nesbitt, Green, Spratt, Davis, McCartney, Millar, Smith, Connor, (Thompson, Lister,  Dodds - England), Simpson

RTB

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:24:43 PM »
Hi There

You had me worried there, have checked the Belfast Street map, there is a Mount Street in Greencastle which is North Belfast, then there is Mount St,  the one I had mentioned which is in East Belfast.

If there is a local with knowledge of the district that can add to this, would be very much appreciated.

Searching for Moore, Bailey, McCaughan.

RTB

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
Hi

Since I posted this photograph of the Bailey sisters, I have discovered thanks to the 1911 census, that the eldest daughter was Winnifred Bailey born circa 1908, the second daughter Elizabeth Bailey was born circa 1909. 

I assume they would have married around the 1930/1940s.  So if anyone knows of these girls and the family.  Anyinfo would be much appreciated.

Regards

RTB

Andi

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:07:06 PM »
Hi RTB

ARE YOU TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE SISTERS OR THEIR ANCESTORS?  IT'S JUST THAT YOU CAN USE THE CENSUS TO 'WORK BACK' IF YOU NEED TO.  FOR INSTANCE ANNIE'S MAIDEN NAME WAS McCORMICK AND SHE WAS LIVING WITH HER WIDOWED MOTHER - SO YOU KNOW THEN THAT HER FATHER DIED PRE 1911 CENSUS.   

IT WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT TO GET INFO FOR THE SISTERS ONLINE BECAUSE THAT INFORMATION FALLS WITHIN THE '100 YEAR' THING.  YOU CAN APPLY FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATES FROM GRO IN BELFAST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE NAME OF THE PARENTS AND ROUGHLY THE YEAR THEY WERE BORN.

O0 

Andi

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »
HI RTB

IT'S ME AGAIN  :)
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR GREAT-UNCLE'S DETAILS IS ON THE WAR GRAVES' SITE?  IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT GIVES THE DATE DEATH / LOCATION OF HIS RESTING PLACE/MEMORIAL ETC

JUST GOOGLE Commonwealth War Graves' Commission AND ENTER SEARCH DETAILS.

regards   :)

RTB

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
Hi Andi

Thank you for a very quick response.  Good question, which way am I going, at this moment I have gone back to 1845 (marriage cert) for the girls Grandparents, (my 2 x Great-Grandparents) further back it becomes a little uncertain. I am saving that for a return to Belfast for a more in depth look at ancestors.  What I am trying to find is today's relatives, my family lost contact with the Baileys back in the 1940/50s, on the otherside of the family (Moores) I have made contact with a second cousin, and it has been most rewarding, we all get on extremely well and I have been made more than welcome, and have been introduce to a good few members of my extended family.

I know I have a good few more second cousins out there, so to be able to swop/give info, will be of benefit all round. So the 20c is where I am looking at this moment in time.  Thank you for your interest, it is appreciated.

Regards

RTB

PS
Re: your second message, Yes, I have looked at the CWGC, also, I have his attestaion papers, he seemed to have joined the Army three times. His name is inscribed on the memorial wall in St Anne's.

Regards

Richard

Andi

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Hi Richard

You have done brilliant to get way back to 1845!! and I'm glad you have seen your great-uncle's details on CWGC.  As I said you could contact Belfast General Registry Office - online or otherwise - and make arrangements for the girls' birth certificates but have you considered opening the topic on another board?  For example, if you still want info on Mount St you could enter it as a topic on the History board or request photos of it on the photographs board. In addition you could open a topic such as 'Bailey family Belfast'.  All the best and I hope you find your family  O0