Author Topic: 11th Night  (Read 14524 times)

kylieanne

Re: 11th Night
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 08:25:41 PM »
I'm not PG and chris the monitor person will be able to see that. Obviously. So no, you haven't got me ???

glenb

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
Funny how all those not in favour of the 12th bands and 11th bonfires are opening threads left, right and centre on the very subjects.

Sad really.   

Why is it sad, no one agreed with the Killing of Kevin McDaid but people opened up threads, check the message board, all sorts of things people don't agree with, but I wouldn't call that sad

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »
Funny how all those not in favour of the 12th bands and 11th bonfires are opening threads left, right and centre on the very subjects.

Sad really.   

Why is it sad, no one agreed with the Killing of Kevin McDaid but people opened up threads, check the message board, all sorts of things people don't agree with, but I wouldn't call that sad

Hello Glenb  :)

kylieanne

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »
Is the person above me the PG that I am also supposed to be? Well monitor that we are both online at the same time on different pcs and I don't know where she is but I'm in Northants at the mo??

old wallion

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 08:46:36 PM »
Used to go to the Bonfires on the 11th/12th myself (I'm a Catholic) and although you had severe sectarianism comments and actions going on,  there was some sense of community with adults participating. Now you have teenage thugs drugged and drunk out of their mind, even derogatory mentioning of members from the other side of the community  on their flags  and painted on the rubbish to be burned, even people long dead. Streets are littered with rubbish and empties, truly has turned horrible in my opinion
Why did you go to the bonefires ???

bricat

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »
Why did you go to the bonefires

so he could be offended  :D
If i'd known i was goin ta live this long i would've taken better care of meself

mrs mourinho

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
Heavy rain is forecast. Thank God.   :yahoo:

Anyone else hate the racket every year? :prankster:

don,t care what the weather is i,ll still have a brill time :P :P
always look on the bright side of life

bobdenn

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »

don,t care what the weather is i,ll still have a brill time :P :P

Go for it Mrs. M.

Don't you let these killjoys keep you from having a good night.

Who are you burning on the bonfire this year?

BD ;)

glenb

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »
I used to go to them because I enjoyed them, used to go upto Glencairn and help collect wood, used to go and watch the parade. Stopped going when I was older due to the what I captured in previous posts

carbolicsoap

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »
I used to go to them because I enjoyed them, used to go upto Glencairn and help collect wood, used to go and watch the parade. Stopped going when I was older due to the what I captured in previous posts

I have a mate who used to live on the Falls(opposite the city cemetery) and he would come down to the Village with us on the 11th night to watch the bonfires.We would drink in the shebeen,everyone knew he was a catholic...no-one ever said anything to him.He would still meet with us on the odd 12th day and enjoy the craic.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 07:53:05 AM »
 :D

Loiste na mona

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
No amount of rain will ever dampen our spirits.
Spirits being the main word there

bobdenn

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 09:12:17 AM »
Spirits being the main word there

LNM,

I didn't realise you had such a wicked sense of humour...

BD

:D

Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
Used to go to the Bonfires on the 11th/12th myself (I'm a Catholic) and although you had severe sectarianism comments and actions going on,  there was some sense of community with adults participating. Now you have teenage thugs drugged and drunk out of their mind, even derogatory mentioning of members from the other side of the community  on their flags  and painted on the rubbish to be burned, even people long dead. Streets are littered with rubbish and empties, truly has turned horrible in my opinion

Where are the police? ???
Hate the sin, but love the sinner

Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
Why did you go to the bonefires ???

Because it's a free country? ???
Hate the sin, but love the sinner