Author Topic: Old photos of Forthriver/Glencairn area  (Read 24335 times)

deirdre

Re: Old photos of Forthriver/Glencairn area
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
.   Annie Kerr Lamb outside  3 Forthriver gardens.

theengineer

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »
Hi I went to Forthriver 1945,I remember Mr. Gallagher,Miss Barr,Miss Orr, Mr. Kyle, Mrs. Seewright,Mr. Gibson. Mr. Hall, Mrs Pearman, Mrs. Fitzsimmons, I loved going up the Glen to pick Primroses and bluebells, I remember my mother telling me they used to live in one of the Forthriver cottages and she used to work for the Cunningham's.
I too went to Forth River School around 1952 and remember some of the teachers you name. Mr Hall took me for football and Mr Gibson lived near me in Wheatfield Crescent.

Morton McDonald

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 07:56:48 PM »
Dr.Jackie Kyle was an International rugger player and if memory serves me right played for Instonians( not sure of the spelling) I went to Fane street and recall him coming over there and showing me as well as others the proper way to kick the ball served me well in later years as I played professional  Football here in Canada

Morton McDonald

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:22 PM »
Jack Kyle was Dr. Jack Kyle played rugger for Ireland and Instonians not sure of the spelling ...He was visiting our school one day Fane Street school off the Lisburn Road he showed me the proper way to kick a rugger ball and that helped me in later years playing football in Canada

whiskey

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »
i was born  up the glencairn road back in 1959 down the lane beside the white house on the road

macroyal

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 12:07:30 PM »
Any pictures of the old Forth River football team that played at Edenderry pre WWII?
NOT FOOTBALL TEAM, BUT I POSTED PICTURES OF MY DA WHO WENT TO FORTHRIVER SCHOOL WITH THE LOCAL CRICKET TEAM WHO WON THE MAGEE CUP 1939 ON BELFAST PAPER AND EPHEMERA ON FACEBOOK, TO FIDDLY TO POST WITH TINYPICS ON HERE

GEMMA

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »

Woodvale Park? 1950,s?

Heather79

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »
My father grew up in Monks hill cottages, just off the glencairn Road in 1940s.  I would love it if anyone has any old pictures of these now!

A J

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:41 AM »
I have just found this site.  Noticed in the comments that someone said that Mr Kyle of Forth River P S was Jack Kyle but it wasn't Jack .  The teacher in question was David Kyle .  Anyone who was in his class wouldn't forget him !