Author Topic: Old graveyard at Carnmoney  (Read 8231 times)

Patsy-Ann

Re: Old graveyard at Carnmoney
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »
Are the pics of the old Carnmoney Cemetary (ie first one opposite the new one)or the Church one, the Church also has a cemetary I have been told?  I have been in the Church and know they have a roll of honour of those buried in their graveyard? 

I have'nt explained very well but my point is those looking in church for graves should maybe be looking in old graveyard site I know that is where my family are buried and I just cannot find their graves and there is never anyone about to ask for help.  It is so run down I just can't believe it. I think the council should do something to sort it. It is so sad to see it the way it is.
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

m.

Re: Old graveyard at Carnmoney
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
Are the pics of the old Carnmoney Cemetary (ie first one opposite the new one)or the Church one, the Church also has a cemetary I have been told?  I have been in the Church and know they have a roll of honour of those buried in their graveyard? 

I have'nt explained very well but my point is those looking in church for graves should maybe be looking in old graveyard site I know that is where my family are buried and I just cannot find their graves and there is never anyone about to ask for help.  It is so run down I just can't believe it. I think the council should do something to sort it. It is so sad to see it the way it is.

Hello Patsy Ann,
I have the book "The hidden Graveyard",
Carnmoney Parish Church,
your family names might be in it.
Gave me their names and I will look them up, if they are in the book with inspirations, I will post it on the forum for you.

m.