Author Topic: They call him the Belfast Boy.  (Read 11083 times)

THE BIG HUNK

Re: They call him the Belfast Boy.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »
JUST READING THIS AND I HAVE TO BELIEVE MAGGEKA THAT BEST WAS NOT ALL GOOD-HE WAS A BULLY BOY

BEAUTIFUL

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »
NOW NOW

Christopher

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »
Is it true he was unreliable and did not turn up for all his Norn Iron matches ???

THE BIG HUNK

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »
UR RIGHT CHRISTOPHER

Christopher

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2006, 03:09:46 AM »
Thanks Hunk, I was told that last week by a cabbie. Those guys tend to be very reliable with information. No harm to George or his family .. he was at one time a great footballer but not really as great a person as people say. I find it funny they way people recall the best bits ... the bits that suit them and forget the guy's misdeamours. Now on the other hand take a guy in a different sport .. a real hero .. Joey. I have never heard a bad word said against Joey. If a kid wants a sporting hero there's no better man and girls would not go far wrong if they want a local woman sportsperson ... Mary Peters. Perhaps Belfast International Airport could be named Belfast Dame Mary Peters, DBE, DL International Airport .. Her name is also known throughout the world.

pentio

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »
I have to disagree with some of these postings re George....true he had problems but then don't we all. ...the fact he was on the world stage made it so much easier  for the press to have a go at him. .as regards him being a bully boy i think thats a wee bit strong. ... I'm sure a lot of you people criticising him have never met him or seen his good side. .and as for what the cabbie said i would take that with a pinch of salt!!

pentio.

Christopher

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2006, 11:32:35 AM »
Attendance at Norn Iron games is probably extremely well documented and a visit to a newspaper library would tell you whether or not there was too big a pinch of salt. Fans who met George on a night out over the years are as much to blame for the problems he had in his life as anyone. You all know the scene. "Ach George you are a great guy. Here let me buy you another drink" We can all be totally stupid in that way. George is dead and buried. Let him rest in peace. Maybe we should ask for the thread to be locked so that no more posts can be made here and move on to another subject.

pentio

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2006, 02:06:35 PM »
Totally agree with you Christopher....time for this topic to be locked and closed. .everyone has their own opinion and they are entitled to it....but i think enough has been said amd may he rest in peace.

pentio.