Author Topic: cyprus street  (Read 27774 times)

Elane

Re: cyprus street
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:36 PM »
Hi Gerrymac, I'm positive Jacksons was opposite Raglan Street school, but I wouldn't take a bet on it. O0 O0

Hi Gerrymac & whizzer just new tonight and browsing and thought i'd let you know i lived three or fours doors from the jacksons shop in varner street(cant remember exact number of doors as moved when i was 8).
Jacksons was defo on the corner of varner/ cyprus st. I used to speedy up lamp tie my rope and swing around the lamppost at their corner

arkie

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »
YES, AND MC KENNAS BUTCHERS, WAS ON THE CNR. SULTAN/CYPRUS ST. DID YOU KNOW SEAMIE MERIDETH? R I P.

Mageeka

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »
Hi Gerrymac & whizzer just new tonight and browsing and thought i'd let you know i lived three or fours doors from the jacksons shop in varner street(cant remember exact number of doors as moved when i was 8).
Jacksons was defo on the corner of varner/ cyprus st. I used to speedy up lamp tie my rope and swing around the lamppost at their corner

Hi Elane
Did you know the Creightons?

gerrymac

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »
Hi Elane do you have a brother called Joe and did you work in Delorean.
Gerry Mac

TrickyPaul

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Would anyone remember John Mccabe Pimley who lived at 69 Cyprus Street with his wife Margaret (nee Timmons) in 1924? They had many kids including my dad John Alphonsus Pimley, who was born there.
Do the people of Glocca Morra wonder how things are here?

shamrock249

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
I used to chum around with a Jacky Creggan who lived with his mother in Cyprus St. He was an upholsterer. Anyone know Jacky and where he might have moved to?
Signed ...... Mrs Cullen's wee son Jimmy.

kamb

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
I used to chum around with a Jacky Creggan who lived with his mother in Cyprus St. He was an upholsterer. Anyone know Jacky and where he might have moved to?

My Uncle Jackie is still living in Belfast. He is married with four children and a grand-daughter. I'm sure he would love to hear from old friends

down the road

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »
St Anthony what was the name of the man your aunt May married. I have great friends who lived in Cyprus st before moving to Australia and was just wondering if it is same family. I still keep in touch with them in Australia.

annd

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
As a kid, l used to play with Ann & Eilish Robb. I left at age 12 for Australia. Remember Malachy Morgan's (we used to sing, "Malachy Morgan played the organ while Sammy ate the chips").  Cassie Timmons lived next door to the Caldwells in Cyprus Street.  I lived in Varna St.  The Jacksons took over Billy Boyle's shop on the corner of Cyprus St.  Bell Jackson was a champion Irish dancer in her day and I used to do Irish dancing with her daughter. To have a look at a photo of Billy Boyles shop, go to Rushlight magazine on the net.  One of my young brothers are in it.  There was a shop I think in Leeson or Cyprus St called Nellie Doyles where my mother bought my Christening dress.  Anyone remember the McErlane girls who always had the most perfect ringlets!

whizzer

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 05:12:22 PM »
Hey Liverbird, can I ask the name of your friends in Cyprus Street? I had relatives living there :D
The biggest lie I ever told was when I said "I never told a lie"

ozzy

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »
wee sammy lived first house in licon st anyone rem paddy lennon corner of theodore st  meeken cloths shop leo mc court butchers kelly bookies

arkie

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »
knew them all. don,t forget[ mc cartan].  greenwoods, long bar, mal morgans, just to mention a few.

ozzy

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 12:37:51 PM »
kelly and mc cartan bookies but john kelly of theodore st owned it he had one in gibson st do you rem mc guigan shop he had a daughter  elizabth

arkie

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »
WAS'NT THAT AT THE CNR, LEESON ST/ WARD ST. LATER BECAME THE CRACK CUP ;) NEXT SHOP DOWN CNR GRANVILLE ST/LEESON ST. DAVY CONLONS. THEN SLOANS CNR. L MC. DONNELL ST.LEESON ST. OPP SIDE SLOANS DRAPERY SHOP.

ozzy

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
arkie that was  paddy lennons sofie trainers was the corner of cyprus st ozzy