Author Topic: Everton Girls Secondary School 1970  (Read 10331 times)

poshletta

Everton Girls Secondary School 1970
« on: December 29, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
Anyone remember these teachers.

glenb

Re: Everton Girls Secondary School 1970
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »
Don't remember those teachers, remember staring through the bars at the girls in 1969/70 when going to school in St.Gabriels though, we used to go through Hesketh Road to get to school

poshletta

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »
I guess you were one of lads who use to whistle at us when we were outside playing hockey and games, then.

glenb

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
Yes, I was one of those lads, Everton would call St Gabes and complain occasionally and we would stop for a couple of day, didn't last long. All the girls would pretend to be disgusted with us, yeah right  :)

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:50:04 AM »
Hi poshletta,

That's a great photo of the teachers but do you seriously expect that one of those mini skirted members of staff would admit to being in that photo? I guess you'll have
to rely on the memories of former pupils.

Christopher

poshletta

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
For Glenb

Just to let you know that St Gabriels College (as it is now) is closing it doors in June of this year.  You never know they may will have a farewell get together.

annabelle

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »

Hi, I remember a few of these teachers, 2nd left is Alfie Redpath, 4th left is Miss Turkington, 6th left is Miss/Mrs McClean, 1st right at back is Mrs Jameson, front row Erskine Holmes and middle Miss Adrain,

Annabelle.

glenb

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
The Everton School girls, many happy memories you gave us :-*

leximp

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »
I attended Everton from 1945 to 1954 and it was called Everton Public Elementary School and both girls and boys attended from age 5 to 14.  I remember some of the teachers but not the headmaster's name.  The older teachers were Mr Jack Cathcart, Mr Tony(he had a wooden leg) and Miss Campbell.  There was also Mr Canning, Mr Orr(Science), Miss Titterington, Miss Fannin(Cookery).  Mr P O'Dell was one of my teachers and he later was headmaster of Sunnylands School in Carrickfergus.
My name is Lexie (Lindsay) and I would be delighted to hear from anybody who remembers me.
Hoping to hear from someone soon.

mrs mourinho

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 11:53:06 PM »

Hi, I remember a few of these teachers, 2nd left is Alfie Redpath, 4th left is Miss Turkington, 6th left is Miss/Mrs McClean, 1st right at back is Mrs Jameson, front row Erskine Holmes and middle Miss Adrain,

Annabelle.

do you remember miss magennis  :P
always look on the bright side of life

annabelle

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »

Mrs Mourinho,

What did Miss Magennis teach?  It does ring a bell.

vickicruz

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
I attended Everton from 1945 to 1954 and it was called Everton Public Elementary School and both girls and boys attended from age 5 to 14.  I remember some of the teachers but not the headmaster's name.  The older teachers were Mr Jack Cathcart, Mr Tony(he had a wooden leg) and Miss Campbell.  There was also Mr Canning, Mr Orr(Science), Miss Titterington, Miss Fannin(Cookery).  Mr P O'Dell was one of my teachers and he later was headmaster of Sunnylands School in Carrickfergus.
My name is Lexie (Lindsay) and I would be delighted to hear from anybody who remembers me.
Hoping to hear from someone soon.

vickicruz

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 01:59:59 AM »
to leximp (lexie=lindsay) reply #8

I live in cleveland, ohio and my mother graduated in 1954 from everton school in belfast ireland.  I just talked to her on the phone and she remembers some the names of the teachers you named.  She cannot recall you but would love more information about yourself to see if she can remember you or to see if you two know someone in common.  Please get back to me if possible.

Or anyone who is reading this and knows about anyone or anything about the school.
She lived on allainace ave and would like infomation about her neigherhood now!!!!

mrs mourinho

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »

Mrs Mourinho,

What did Miss Magennis teach?  It does ring a bell.
iss

miss magennis took us for P.E n english...........i was in love with Mr Redpath hated Miss Turkington...Miss Steele was our cookery teach....were did u live when you went to everton Annabelle ??? ::)
always look on the bright side of life

honestmay

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
 hi all i went 2 everton first when it was a primary sccool mind u i was only there a few weeks and transfered 2 wheatfield as Everton became  secondary  (mr kears )was head master  and /mr cathcart ,second in command as it was known then how i hated that man  my mother moved us down 2 mitchels in danumb st, as it closer 2 home ,/Then i went 2 Edenderry secondary , in tennent street it has now become Edenbrook primary . i get lost now trying 2 keep up with all these schools and their name changing .    ??? ::)