Author Topic: Cars  (Read 1184 times)

Christopher

Cars
« on: August 12, 2006, 05:19:01 PM »
I met a guy with a lovely blue coloured Ford Anglia when I came out of the library this afternoon. He told me that it was the Harry Potter car I looked for it on the net and found another person in the north of Ireland who has a beautiful collection of Anglias

giannineo

Re: Cars
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 08:53:03 PM »
My forat car was Ford Anglia Estate(ex Police). 5938 TZ-Black with red upholstery and 2 could sleep in the back with the seat down.Dreadful brakes though(the car,not me).

Christopher

Re: Cars
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 09:27:24 PM »
I started commercial travelling with a 100E Ford Anglia in 1963. I had a pre war Austin Ruby ADM 252 for a year or so some time before that though. We had great fun with that car. It had a sunshine roof. There's a steep hill near the Cultra Yacht Club. We used to go out for a drive on a Sunday. One afternoon we drove round the block at Cultra a couple of times. One of our group decided he would sit on the wall and look at the Lough. The next thing he knew we were flying down the hill (poor brakes on those wee Austins too) toward him with my young cousin Keith standing up with his head through the roof. The guy on the wall became somewhat worried and took a buck leap over the wall on to the shingle below. We managed to hit nothing and stopped to ask him why he had stopped sitting on the wall :D