Author Topic: Patricia Mulholland School of Irish Dancing  (Read 29639 times)

kathrynspet

Re: Patricia Mulholland School of Irish Dancing
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »
kathrynspet your my mums brother i saw what you wrote
You mean I am your uncle, congratulations on winning the championship.

sj

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »
Hi sj -  I danced for Alice McAleer who was affiliated to An Coimisiun and not Patricia Mulholland I would not have any idea who her dancers were apart from the O'Neills.  Earlier a Grand Niece of Patricia Mulholland posting under the name of Jude said that she would love to talk to anyone who had any questions about her Great Aunt so maybe  the poster from America got in touch with her. 

Irish Dance...thanks for your reply.  I never danced but I think that the connection between the prop forward of the Irish R.U. team and Irish dancing is magic.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

open champ

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »
the deep green pool was made  for old dancing teacher
i used to do deep green pool

sj

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 01:57:47 AM »
I was given some information in the past few days that might be of interest to you.
The Mulholland school of Irish Dance was founded in Larne by Stella in 1933.  When she married into the O'Neill clan in 1936 Patricia then took over the dancing school and it was one of the premier dancing schools in Ireland.
This information is courtesy of Biffo who danced for his Aunt and took part in the Irish ballet of Cuchuliann in the Empire.  :) ;)

Jude

Re: Patricia Mulholland School of Irish Dancing MBE
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
Happy New Year. To clarify, Patricia O Neill is my mother, and Stella O Neill (nee Mulholland)  was my grandmother,  Frank Mulholland was my great uncle. I am presently putting together a celebration of my great aunt's work. It is so lovely to see the interest in her work, if anyone would like to contribute, I would be delighted to hear from you.

ChristopherM

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »
Hi sj - The Frank O'Neill you refer to -  had he a twin brother called Tony and came from the Duncairn Gardens and one of them was married to a Marie Forte from Fortwilliam Park.  They had sisters called Stella, Patricia and Maeve along with another brother :scratch_ones_head:
Hi, ive stumbled on this forum after some research, would the Frank O'Neill in question be a Francis Patrick O'Neill whose primary trade was a butcher, played a dodgy piano etc! :smile:

sj

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 02:00:19 AM »
Hi, ive stumbled on this forum after some research, would the Frank O'Neill in question be a Francis Patrick O'Neill whose primary trade was a butcher, played a dodgy piano etc! :smile:

Hello  .I know nothing...I am from Barthelona. .I agree it was the pianos fault.   You are correct.  ;) :smile:

ChristopherM

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »
Hello  .I know nothing...I am from Barthelona. .I agree it was the pianos fault.   You are correct.  ;) :smile:
Ke? but seriously im very interested in Patricia and her family tree.. was told recently that I was one of her great nephews (as probably half of western europe has!), apart from the book do you know of any other literature or online references? thanks..

sj

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 03:37:34 AM »
ChristopherM.  Try sending Jude a personal message.  Click on his name and it will open for you.  I think that you might be surprised as who is Jude.   :smile:

Jude

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »
ChristopherM.  Try sending Jude a personal message.  Click on his name and it will open for you.  I think that you might be surprised as who is Jude.   :smile:

Hi SJ, I am a she and I am called after St Jude. :smile: :smile:

sj

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
Hi SJ, I am a she and I am called after St Jude. :smile: :smile:

Hello JUDE,

Good to meet you.  I realised after the last post when I had read some of your posts that you were female.  A friend of mine incorporates the name Jude in his e-mail and was related to the Mulhollands and O'Neills so I thought that you might be him.  Did you dance at the school.Sam.

Les Baird

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
Hello guys , my name is Leslie Baird and I grew up dancing with Miss Mulholland , in her dancing school and as a member of the Irish ballet Company . She was such a wonderful influence in my life and a thousand others I imagine . I still think of her on a daily basis , visit her grave every time I'm in NI and stay in contact with many of my oldest friends who are etched in my heart !
Of course i no longer dance / perform , however I do still adjudicate around the world at various major Irish Dancing Festivals / Feis etc giving back a little of what I got out of it .

sj

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »
Hello guys , my name is Leslie Baird and I grew up dancing with Miss Mulholland , in her dancing school and as a member of the Irish ballet Company . She was such a wonderful influence in my life and a thousand others I imagine . I still think of her on a daily basis , visit her grave every time I'm in NI and stay in contact with many of my oldest friends who are etched in my heart !
Of course i no longer dance / perform , however I do still adjudicate around the world at various major Irish Dancing Festivals / Feis etc giving back a little of what I got out of it .

Hello Les,

I didn't dance with the school but some of my friends did.   Welcome to the Belfast Forum and I hope that some of your friends who danced with the school are able to contact you thro this forum.  Where do you live now Les.  I am in Australia and in frequent contact with Frank O'Neill whom you might know. :smile: :smile:

Les Baird

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 01:56:52 PM »
I now live in Spain on the Costa del Sol , where I run my own small boutique hotel www.lescalahotel.com .

I've been looking for an old pal Michael O'Neill who immigrated to Canada about 35 years ago , he would be 48 approx , we both danced together and he was a nephew !
I knew many members of the family , and always felt like a son to Miss Mulholland .

sj

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
I now live in Spain on the Costa del Sol , where I run my own small boutique hotel www.lescalahotel.com .

I've been looking for an old pal Michael O'Neill who immigrated to Canada about 35 years ago , he would be 48 approx , we both danced together and he was a nephew !
I knew many members of the family , and always felt like a son to Miss Mulholland .

Good to hear that you are doing well.  I don't know a Michael O'Neill. .was he a relation to the O'Neill's who danced .Sam O'Neill. ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy