Author Topic: Jack Spot and Curley King  (Read 5287 times)

Mageeka

Re: Jack Spot and Curley King
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 01:24:25 AM »
Forgot to say
I also lived in Chiswick  Ennismore Avenue  Near the old Hammersmith Palais.
M

Forgot to say
Jeremy thorpe lived in Francis St  Durty oul git

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »
Mageeka

I only went to Hammersmith, to see if George Whimpey could use my talents but no luck ( I was Glad he killed more Irishmen than the potato famine.)  :-\.  M did you drink in anyof the Heniken Pubs around Victoria the were great old pubs. the decor of those old pubs in London at that time was still old fashioned, and so comfortable. Today they try to copy those bars but fail, the owners, in there wisdom changed those old bars in to so called fun pubs, and now are trying to reproduce the atmosphere but to no avail... Mageeka i think you will agree as a person who lived there in the 60s, those old pubs have gone forever, like the people of that time never to be replaced....By the way I live in England and its nice to have met you.
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

Mageeka

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 02:26:06 AM »
Monty
I loved London as a single guy and also when I was newlywed  I worked three jobs daily in London

A government Job

A cleaning job
A doorman in a Cannon Streey disco
At the same time i attended the Royal college of music   Jeez what a diversity
I tell you M  I would not change any of it if i had to do it again
T

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 01:16:05 AM »
Mageeka,

So sorry for your trouble with the Tree...Glad nobody was injured.
 You sure were busy in 64 in London A civil Servant... Bouncer... with an ear for music, who was neat and tidy, what a combination. ;). I bet you had no problem fitting in to life in the USA. The Americans like characters....Montrose
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

desi

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »
Mageeka

I only went to Hammersmith, to see if George Whimpey could use my talents but no luck ( I was Glad he killed more Irishmen than the potato famine.)  :-\.  M did you drink in anyof the Heniken Pubs around Victoria the were great old pubs. the decor of those old pubs in London at that time was still old fashioned, and so comfortable. Today they try to copy those bars but fail, the owners, in there wisdom changed those old bars in to so called fun pubs, and now are trying to reproduce the atmosphere but to no avail... Mageeka i think you will agree as a person who lived there in the 60s, those old pubs have gone forever, like the people of that time never to be replaced....By the way I live in England and its nice to have met you. montrose i hope you meant you were glad you never got the job at wimpey,s  ;D
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

arkie

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »
MAGEEKA, A VERY, VERY, CLOSE FRIEND OF YOURS. GOT MIXED UP WITH JACK SPRATT. WHILST IN LONDON HE GOT A BROKEN JAW WHEN HE CAME BACK TO BELFAST, HIS MOUTH WAS WAS KEPT IN PLACE WITH WIRE.

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
Desi,
I do indeed mean glad I didn't work for " George Whimpy" he was to the Irish what Hitler was to Jews :)
Montrose

desi

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
hello montrose ,is it the builders wimpey we are talking about,if so no h in it ,how i remember there wasthe old joke,wimpey stood for , we import more paddy,s every year or backwards you english pigs make irishmen work  ;D ;D the old ones are the best desi ,good health.
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:02:39 AM »

Desi,

You sure know your "Wimpeys" ... O0. Thats most probably why i didn't get a job with them I never could spell and i had to fill application form in  ...I stand corrected ...all the best Montrose
Montrose